Railroad Forums 

• PM (Private Message) Issues

• General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.
General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.

Moderator: Jeff Smith

#228819  by Kahlua

Are PMs currently down? Ive been tring to send one and it says it was sent however it does not appear in my sent box...

#229140  by Mike Roque

"When you send a PM, the message goes to your Outbox. It remains in the Outbox until the recipient visits his/her Inbox, at which point it is moved from your Outbox to their Inbox (and into your Sent Messages folder - MR). While the message remains in your Outbox you may edit or delete your post if you like. The message remains in your control until it is received."

From the phpBB userguide:
http://www.phpbb.com/support/guide/#section4_3
 #547976  by henry6

Am having trouble with new PM management...can't delete messages, at least I cannot find the prompt.
 #547990  by GOLDEN-ARM

Down in the bottom right of the window, where you have your messages, there's a drop down menu. Open it, and see the one "delete marked'. After checking message you want gone, follow prompts. (default setting is "mark/unmark as important") Same as before, but menu is now a drop down style. Regards...
 #548098  by henry6

Thanks, Golden...I see the problem, or my percieved problem: you can only delete from the "inbox" and not from the message itself; I wasn't looking.
 #548554  by Chessie GM50

Probably not. I'd assume that if in fact you could, you'd see a link in the PM page. Looks like this one is for otto, or mike, though.
 #587456  by Patrick Boylan

I was in the middle of posting a reply when my wife called me away. I clicked the "save" button. How do I retrieve that saved reply to continue editing and submit it?
 #587786  by 3rdrail

Press "Save", then later go to the "User Control Panel", where you will see "Manage Drafts". Find your draft there, then click on "Load Draft". Your draft is already in place to be sent under the thread that it was when you saved it. By pressing "Submit" in the usual way, it then goes in the right place as if you never saved it. It then gets erased out of the "Drafts" section.
 #587818  by pennsy

A bit complex, but it works. What is needed is a shortcut.
 #588194  by Otto Vondrak

3rdrail wrote:Press "Save", then later go to the "User Control Panel", where you will see "Manage Drafts". Find your draft there, then click on "Load Draft". Your draft is already in place to be sent under the thread that it was when you saved it. By pressing "Submit" in the usual way, it then goes in the right place as if you never saved it. It then gets erased out of the "Drafts" section.
Thank you, sir.
pennsy wrote:A bit complex, but it works. What is needed is a shortcut.
Probably. A good suggestion for the people who write this software!

-otto-
 #594483  by truman

I'm trying to empty my outbox and sent message folder. I mark the messages, click delete marked, go, I am asked do I want to delete the messages, click yes, and get kicked back to a still full folder. What am I missing?
 #594740  by GOLDEN-ARM

This happens to me occasionally, as well. I've tried to delete the messages, while they were open, and as you have. Clearing out my computer, with Ccleaner sometimes helps. I went through a whole week, trying to delete a message, and it wouldn't go away. Wiping the cache and cookies sometimes helps, FWIW. Be sure you have clicked the "remember me/log me on automatically: when you first get here, as this seems to solve some issues, as well. Good luck.... :wink:

UPDATE: After consulting the Admins here, I was able to fix my problem, that just occurred with the same problem. I use AOL, and this seems to be the problem. I installed Firefox, and used this browswer to logon. I could then remove the PM's that were not deleting. Thanks to Otto and Mike, for making this work. Give it a try, it worked for me........
 #730189  by MACTRAXX

Otto and Mike: I almost never use my PM since I have trouble trying to post/send PM's.
When I try to type a recipient in the top box under the title Compose Message it blanks back out on me.
Am I placing that receiver's name in the wrong location?
With the previous hosting system I never had any trouble with PM's.
With the current system I almost never use my PM's.
What am I doing wrong and how can I correct it?
Thanks in advance-MACTRAXX