Railroad Forums 

• OLD Railroad.net threads still exist!!

• General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.
General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.

Moderator: Jeff Smith

#3200  by scottychaos

but..you have to search for them..
google "caches" webpages..
which means they save a copy of them for awhile..
On the D&H forum just now, I responded to a thread about if the D&H still exists or not..(believe it or not, it isnt clear! ;)
So I did a Google search for "D&H ceased to exist"..
to look for the exact year that CP took over the D&H..
one of the pages found was an old railroad.net thread on that topic!
you cant open the REAL page, because it no longer exists..
but you CAN view the "google cache" of that page!! :P :P :P
so if you want to find old info from the former railroad.net, it IS possible!!
you just have to be creative with your search terms to make google find it..

check it out!

OLD railroad.net thread as a google cache

Scot

#3280  by Reddy Rocker

Try using webarchive.org. That might yield more resukts.

#103486  by Gilbert B Norman

I have incorporated the onler material into messages and likely will do so again in the future:

Case in point at the Rail Travel Forum:

http://64.78.30.219/forums/viewtopic.php?t=203

I have been advised that the site owner, Mr. Roque, holds the rights not only to material included in the 2002-04 "incarnation" but also to the 1996-02 site once owned by Mr. Stewart. As far as I'm concerned (and Members who participate at my Amtrak Forum know to what extent I am a "stickler' on this point) that material can be copied to messages at this present site for whatever purpose the author intends - presumably to support a conclusion being drawn.

I've done it myself - also at the Rail Travel Forum:

http://64.78.30.219/forums/viewtopic.php?t=253