Railroad Forums 

• A visit in the cab, from Otto!

• General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.
General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.

Moderator: Jeff Smith

#428962  by GOLDEN-ARM

Had the chance to finally meet one of the admins, from this site. Otto came out for a "meet & greet" of our train, on Saturday. After turning down an offer to ride to Eugene and back, (due to a time constraint) on the UP main, we chatted a bit, and I had the chance to get some shots of him, on the train. After a tour of the power, cabs and a chat, it was time to head south, for Eugene. Was great to meet someone from the site, and I trust the "memorabilia" I collected for him, will arrive safely in NY. Sunday was another attempt at getting Otto on board, for a 6 unit train, with 5 SD-70ACe's and a SD-40-2. Prior arrangements made this a no-go, as well. Maybe IF I take that job in NY/PA, we will be able to make it work. Enjoyed the visit, and he's as nice in person, as he is here. Now, to find Mike and Jessie....... :wink:
Looking forward to anyone else, who's in the area, to stop on by, and see what happens...... :-D

#429021  by LCJ

I'll be in the area on the 13th and 14th of August. Where might I find you?

#429273  by Otto Vondrak

I was glad GOLDEN ARM convinced me to make the drive down to Albany, Oregon. The countryside reminded me a lot of western New York, actually, farmlands as far as the eye could see. Albany itself was an interesting junction town, and I wish I had more time to explore. Wish I could have taken up the offer to ride, but I was all over central Oregon that weekend! It was nice to visit with another member/moderator from this site, and I got to see another part of the state I hadn't known about before!

Visit Oregon! It's beautiful!

-otto-

#429511  by gprimr1

I hope to be there in January. Cardinal-Empire Builder(seatle)-Casades (then fly back to MD from Portland)

#429651  by GOLDEN-ARM

LCJ wrote:I'll be in the area on the 13th and 14th of August. Where might I find you?
Call me, or PM me, I'll meet ya around town. Tour of facilities, cab ride, whatever, (crew caller willing....... :wink: ) The chance to re-unite with my first class-1 instructor, couldn't be passed up!!! :-D