Railroad Forums 

• The 2006 GREAT CROSS-COUNTRY RAILFAN RACE!

• General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.
General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.

Moderator: Jeff Smith

#266258  by Otto Vondrak

ImageImageImage
Have you seen these men? Chris Stilson and Dave Scheiderich

Longtime moderator Chris Stilson (stilson4283) and contributor Dave Scheiderich (boblenon) are driving across the country in search of trains. Chris is moving from Buffalo, NY to his new job at Edwards AFB in California (projected arrival is July 12). Dave and his friend Chris as taking this time to drive across the country in search of as many trains they can find. If you see them trackside, make sure you say hello!

Watch this thread http://railroad.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=26759 to follow their progress!

-otto-
Last edited by Otto Vondrak on Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

#266378  by ANDY117

How is it a race? Are they in 2 different cars? Or is it a race against time?

#266639  by railohio

While those hosers were out dining on the patio in Berea I was inside enjoying my San Francisco Beef & Cheddar and an iced tea. Oh well, at least we all got to see that ex-Santa Fe GP30M leading...

#266716  by zwsplac

While in North Platte, head down to Front Street and hang out in one of the 24 hour parking lots there. If you can't get a hotel, camp out in one of them! I did this twice and it's a blast.

#266731  by GOLDEN-ARM

The one on the right looks suspiciously like the "GERF" in the older header, for the RIT show................ :-D

#266749  by railohio

I just put it all together. They were the guys in the Santa Fe with the army uniform hanging in the back...

#266967  by Otto Vondrak

The guys are in Sterling, CO right now, heading for Denver. Then tomorrow they will go from Denver to Vegas. Stay tuned.

-otto-
 #266971  by lbagg91833

I trust they stopped in OMAHA to see JCK park, and the BIG BOY up on the mountain?? If not, they missed a unique view, and locomotive presentation....LAB

#267062  by Otto Vondrak

Yes, the two engines are now displayed in a park, and they stopped off and took plenty of pictures. Now the boys are in Denver tonight!

-otto-

#267868  by emd_SD_60

They should have come down here thru southern Illinois and made a stop at Gorham on the Chester Sub. They would have had a blast there (considering they stopped on a flat out busy day on the UP)!

#268071  by Otto Vondrak

Next year we'll have to plan this better. Today the Great Race comes to an end, as Chris will drop Dave off at the airport tonight after a brief visit to LA and Tehachapi.

#268182  by keeper1616

Otto Vondrak wrote:Next year we'll have to plan this better. Today the Great Race comes to an end, as Chris will drop Dave off at the airport tonight after a brief visit to LA and Tehachapi.
yeah - I'll start planning now, as I will probably be moving to the El Paso area in 8-12 months...

#268246  by emd_SD_60

Think we'll see the pics from their adventure in the near future?

#268343  by stilson4283

I will be getting Otto some pictures as soon as I get settled and get a chance to look over them.

Chris