Railroad Forums 

• how are moderators chosen?

• General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.
General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.

Moderator: Jeff Smith

#230045  by benltrain

I am not trying to find how to sneak my way into becoming a moderator...

how are moderators chosen? evidently it is not # of posts. is it connection to the site admin, status in railroading community, will to be one, or what?

thanks,
benltrain

#230074  by benltrain

i wouldn't do that. wouldn't want to moderate a forum on an old railroad nobody cares about.i wouldn't mind moderating the SEPTA forum though... SEPTA is my whole life system

#230140  by silverliner266

My post was no longer relavent so I changed it
Last edited by silverliner266 on Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#230142  by benltrain

i wish i could be a moderator of the SEPTA forum but i go AWOL on vacation every summer, so i'd need another person to help. :( :sigh: i guess i will have to stay in the wings.

queenlnr8, (i think that is it) where art thou? we need a moderator!

#230163  by silverliner266

False alarm. We found him !!

#230294  by Otto Vondrak

Moderators are volunteers from the RAILROAD.NET community. You have to demonstrate that you are a knowledgable and responsible person and can handle your duties with diligence.

Benltrain, thank you for your interest, but we cannot use your services at this time.

-otto-
 #230360  by benltrain

benltrain wrote:I am not trying to find how to sneak my way into becoming a moderator...

how are moderators chosen? evidently it is not # of posts. is it connection to the site admin, status in railroading community, will to be one, or what?

thanks,
benltrain
benltrain wrote: i wish i could be a moderator of the SEPTA forum but i go AWOL on vacation every summer, so i'd need another person to help. :sigh: i guess i will have to stay in the wings.
ok, guess i am a hypocrite, but thats fine, my AWOL period really disallows it anyway