Railroad Forums 

• Adding a chat room function to RAILROAD.NET

• General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.
General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.

Moderator: Jeff Smith

#188535  by Engineer James

Dear Otto,
I would love to Have a new feature to this site. Could there possibily be a chat added??? I mean, like how (EXAMPLE) mylargescale.com has the forum and the chat. Is it possibile

Sincerly,
Engineer James

#188737  by Otto Vondrak

>shrug< I'm not crazy about chat rooms, don't think it would enhance the site at all... we had discussed this a few months ago.

But it's not up to me- try asking Mike the webmaster.

-otto-

#188827  by CNJ

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!

Put a chat in here..............I'm all for that!

#188928  by GOLDEN-ARM

I'm with Otto, here. This is pretty close to a chat already. How about an "off topic" place, where mis-directed threads could be continued, without tieing up a working thread? My .02 cents........ :P

#190295  by AmtrakFan

I am going to have agree with Otto on this one, I don't like chat rooms I feel it makes the site worse off.

#190579  by CRail

I too agree, if you want to chat, most people have an aim name on their posts... so you can chat that way.

also, moderators come in very handy here and there is really no way of moderating a chat room

#193046  by Otto Vondrak

Also, we have no way of controlling who would use a chat room. We don't have the time to monitor every single registered user and make sure they are not abusing the system. I mean, what's to stop someone from resgistering for this site just to use the chat function?

My opinion: Stick with AIM, MSN, ICQ, or your chat of choice.

-otto-