Railroad Forums 

• Photo testing

• General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.
General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.

Moderator: Jeff Smith

#1277042  by SST

This forum has just about given me a heart attack with the frustration of getting pics posted. Even though I've resized every photo down to 775 pixels wide, it still blocks my post with the 800 max alert. So, I'm going to post each pic seperately and see what happens.

I maanaged to get three pictures loaded and then re-arranged the same pictures in a different order. Even though they are all at 775 pixels, I got the 800 max alert. :(

Can't post my mini road trip......scrapped.
 #1277045  by rottentie

I agree the photo limits are outdated.

if the photo size can not be increased then maybe a sister sight for photos like boatnerd.com does?
 #1277047  by SST

All my pics are stored on photobucket and resized there. I guess I could just post the link instead of posting the picture but I find that annoying. I would rather read somebody's post with the associated picture rather than clicking back and forth.
 #1277078  by charlie6017

That's what I do, Dan.........just post the links. I also agree it's highly frustrating with the dumb size limits. Actually,
I have barely any issues posting photos over at railfan.net I do most of my photo posting over there.

Charlie
 #1277083  by SST

I do have pictures over at railfan.net. I stopped posting on railfan.net because [the last time I checked] you can't post the picture from there. The link yes but not the picture. When I saw the ability to write on a particular subject and include the picture from photobucket or any other place, I made the jump. Railroad.net is the only site that "gives me a hard time."

My cheapy cell phone has worked wonders with this site over the past year or so. The width of the camera is 600 pixels. I never had to resize my photo's or adjust the camera. Today, it rejected the cell phone photo with the 800 alert. Oh well.
 #1277096  by scottychaos

1024 pixels wide:

ok, that one didnt take..I got the "Your images may only be up to 800 pixels wide."

But up to, and including, 800 pixels wide, no problems..

I cant explain why some get the error for images smaller than 800, and others dont..

unless..perhaps there is also a file size limit?
you could have a 700 pixel wide image, that exceeds the file size limit, but maybe there is only the one error message?
So it could be saying "exceeds 800" even when the real issue is it exceeds the file size limit?
just a guess..but it could explain the issue..

Scot
 #1277119  by SST

I doubt my cell phone would overload the file limit. I"m not usuing a smart phone with 14billion MP's. Just a tiny low grade cell phone that has worked in the past. I'll try again later.

Thanks.
 #1277193  by SST

None of my pictures exceed 800 pixels in height or width.
 #1277200  by nessman

I've given up posting pictures here. This is the only forum I've seen in recent years that imposes such limits that made sense in the mid 90's when everyone was accessing the internet with dial-up modems.
 #1277204  by SST

I just finished posting what i was trying to do earlier. I used the same pictures as this morning. Instead of loading the whole thing and then submitting it, I entered one picture and then previewed it for each picture loaded. It worked fine......this time.