Every year it's funny to come on these forums on April 1st and see what some of our more "creative" members have decided to think up this year for an April Fools prank on the unsuspecting Railroad.net masses, and this year's celebration of the defacto holiday boasted some creative ideas. While it's a couple days late, here's some of the trick's I've come across this year:
- Newsday: LIRR Commits to Steam Future
Next summers inaugural Cannonball will see a steam engine's return to service, with Miss Williams at the coal scoop
- Amtrak & LIRR Announce Ultra-Capacity Signal System at NYP
New signal system DOUBLES train capacity through Penn Station! 10 minutes shaved off trip times
- Newark PCC winds up in Nevada
Looks like someone took a wrong turn at Grove Street!
- Riverline starts regular 4 car train service today Mon Apr 1
Typo results in longer RiverLINE trains
- ConnDOT Buys Maybrook Line, contracts with Metro-North to run Danbury-Southeast Shuttle Trains
Service to Hopewell Junction also considered
- NJT 2013-2018
NJTransit sets bold five-year plan
- All Work on ESA Project Halted
Fossil found under Manhattan Tunnels stops work
- Entertainment and Food Service Coming to the Riverside Line
And you thought fares were too high now!
- Rotems in service!
JK LOL. It'll only be seven more years now!
- ALP-45DP [derailed] at NYP?
All hope of dual-mode service into NYP now lost