Railroad Forums 

• Post 1,000,000

• General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.
General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.

Moderator: Jeff Smith

#1072179  by MBTA1016

ThirdRail7 wrote:
Jeff Smith wrote:Very good point. I was tracking by the counter at bottom. I'll look into getting some of the stats you guys want. I have a php manual somewhere.

I did grab the millionth; I was kind of stuck; I had to go out in the next five minutes, and I didn't want to miss the MILEPOST!

I think I have some confetti left over from a wedding somewhere....... :0

Too bad 900,000 of the posts are in The Honorary Nonsense 7277 Sideswipe Where's Cruiser Thread!

Great observation thirdrail. I put some posts in that thread.
 #1072205  by Otto Vondrak

Thanks to John Stewart for starting the original RAILROAD.NET, and thanks to Mike Roque who helped take the reigns after John transferred the domain to us. Wishing continued success to the new operators!

-otto-
 #1072208  by MEC407

Hear, hear!
 #1072719  by RailsEast

Congrats to RR.net on the one millionth post; I believe each poster should recieve a monetary stipend; payable, of course, over the next 40 years.... :)

MEC407, not to toot my (our) own horn, but I believe the most active topic/thread on RR.net is the 'CR on the Southern Secondary' thread in the NJ Railfan Forum, with 5162 replies, and 361,442 views as of this date.

Never underestimate the rabid ex-CNJ railfan.... :-)
Chris
 #1072801  by MBTA1016

U missed by a few days. As people say, cue the saying "close but no cigar". Nice to see a million posts. I wasn't here for the origional RR.net. Nice achievement though. Railroaders get a nod for providing good info about rail lines.