Railroad Forums 

• Post 1,000,000

• General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.
General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.

Moderator: Jeff Smith

#1071723  by Jeff Smith

A hearty thank you to our members! With this post we have reached 1,000,000 posts!
Railroad.net wrote:Statistics
Total posts 1000000 • Total topics 73097 • Total members 6764
 #1071779  by MEC407

Woo-hoo!
acelaphillies wrote:...do you know what the most subscribed topic is?
I would also be very interested to know what the most-subscribed topic is. Or the topic with the highest number of different members who have posted in it.
 #1071862  by 2nd trick op

We have so many examples of our advances in both shared knowledge and civility that one hardly knows where to start, save to thank all who monitored and developed this site for their time, attention and patience. May the posts continue to reflect the adaptability and potential of our common interest, and all those who share it.
 #1071865  by BostonUrbEx

Hooray! :)

Do you know which post is the 1,000,000th post? And would it be okay for you to link to it here? :o
 #1071873  by 3rdrail

Jeff - When you hit the "Submit" button for that 1,000,000 post, did confetti come down from the ceiling, trumpeters start blowing their trumpets, strobe lights start to flash, and dancing girls start to shimmy ? Congratulations, great job. Looking forward to a few more mill !
Attachments:
laser_in_hallway_animated.gif
laser_in_hallway_animated.gif (557.1 KiB) Viewed 8771 times
 #1071953  by markhb

BostonUrbEx wrote:Hooray! :)

Do you know which post is the 1,000,000th post? And would it be okay for you to link to it here? :o
I believe Jeff grabbed the millionth post for himself, and started this thread with it.

The other stats that were asked for would be interesting to know.

Congratulations on the milepost! (I think that's more appropriate than "milestone" :) )
 #1071977  by justalurker66

markhb wrote:
I believe Jeff grabbed the millionth post for himself, and started this thread with it.
Per the URL, that was post # 1071723. I'd guess the public counter doesn't include vaporized spammer posts.
 #1072023  by Jeff Smith

Very good point. I was tracking by the counter at bottom. I'll look into getting some of the stats you guys want. I have a php manual somewhere.

I did grab the millionth; I was kind of stuck; I had to go out in the next five minutes, and I didn't want to miss the MILEPOST!

I think I have some confetti left over from a wedding somewhere....... :0
 #1072088  by ThirdRail7

Jeff Smith wrote:Very good point. I was tracking by the counter at bottom. I'll look into getting some of the stats you guys want. I have a php manual somewhere.

I did grab the millionth; I was kind of stuck; I had to go out in the next five minutes, and I didn't want to miss the MILEPOST!

I think I have some confetti left over from a wedding somewhere....... :0

Too bad 900,000 of the posts are in The Honorary Nonsense 7277 Sideswipe Where's Cruiser Thread!
 #1072159  by MEC407

Ouch :(
 #1072167  by 3rdrail

Trust me, the relief is worth it.