Railroad Forums 

• When will passenger RRs have incidents like United/American?

• General discussion of passenger rail systems not otherwise covered in the specific forums in this category, including high speed rail.
General discussion of passenger rail systems not otherwise covered in the specific forums in this category, including high speed rail.

Moderators: mtuandrew, gprimr1

#1517725  by andrewjw

Trusted Traveler (I assume you mean Global Entry since you are referring to CBP) is $100 for every 5 years and gives you PreCheck as a free benefit.
The microwave based devices they use now do not "strip search" you - there are no naked pictures of you generated by the machine. Those were the controversial X-ray based machines which were removed years ago. You can see the image it shows the agent if you turn around while collecting your baggage - nothing scandalous.
Also, what are you adding to this thread which has had no contribution for the past two years?
 #1517976  by Gilbert B Norman

Well Mr. Andrewjw, Global Entry does not appear to be the financial burden I thought. It sounds as if even with just one Overseas trip a year, some might consider it pays.

However, I have a personal problem - a left hand that was injured in a Sixth Grade Dodgeball game (wonder why School Districts are prohibiting that PE sport nowadays). It took sixty years for the effects of the injury to show up, but finger printing that hand would nowadays be "an.issue".

Possibly my military prints are still available. but based on my experience this past Wednesday at ORD, I was off the plane and through CBP in less than ten mimutes.
 #1518065  by mtuandrew

Moderator Note: not sure what any of the recent (within the last two years) conversation has to do with passenger railroads whether American or worldwide. Message me, gprimr1, or the rest of the moderation team if you have a burning reason to reopen the thread.