Railroad Forums 

• Grade Crossing Accidents.

• General discussion about railroad operations, related facilities, maps, and other resources.
General discussion about railroad operations, related facilities, maps, and other resources.

Moderator: Robert Paniagua

#1234078  by ACeInTheHole

charlie6017 wrote:
beanbag wrote:why would u turn to avoid deer??
Without trying to get far off topic, generally, (IMO) it's a better idea to not swerve and hope the deer (or
whatever animal) moves. After 26 years of driving, I have seen way too many worse results for the
driver and others nearby by swerving and missing and hitting something or someone by over-correcting
and losing control.

Just food for thought to keep in mind.

Sorry for getting off-topic, everyone!

Charlie
To keep my response short. That swerve was purely a reflex. Nothin i coulda done because it wasnt a conscious thought. Anyways yes.. Back on topic.
 #1340889  by railfan365

Not meaning to beat a sick horse - I submit this video. Although posted to you-tube as exposition on RS-3's in action, I still noticed the old man crossing the tracks in front of the train with so little margin that he was barely passed the near trackside when the train arrived to where he was walking. It still amazes me how some people are so unthinking in the face of conflict or danger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tvp2gFiE9tk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;