Railroad Forums 

• HEADS UP: Heritage Units on NS Southern Tier

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#1479979  by Matt Langworthy

BR&P wrote:
scottychaos wrote:Anyone seen the Interstate unit today? Should be somewhere around Binghamton right now. (Tuesday evening 7/17) all the usual groups have nothing about it..strange.

Scot
"Paging Matt....Matt to the white courtesy phone, please....."

Westbound or eastbound, Scot?
LOL, Mr BR&P!!!

I don't have any strong feelings for or against the FEC unit. If someone wants to post the location, it certainly doesn't hurt anything. Perhaps this thread should be retitled to reflect heritage units and sightings of special interest?

Sorry, I have no updates on the Interstate unit. The HU website reported #8105 heading northbound in Clarks Summit last night, but nothing since then. Unless she melted from the heat, the "creamsicle" will eventually be sighted somewhere in upstate NY today, IMO.
 #1479983  by Matt Langworthy

Well, my guess was wrong. Nobody sighted the Interstate unit #8105 on the HU website while she was in NY. The "creamsicle" has already gone back to the Scanton/Wilkes Barre area on NS 11Z. Her sojourn in Bingo was brief.
 #1481987  by Matt Langworthy

The Wabash unit is leading NS 310 today. The train was spotted in Buffalo a couple hours ago. The photo on the HU website appears to show #1070 entering SK Yard. Therefore, NS 310 will probably do some block swapping in greater Buffalo before heading down the Tier this afternoon.
 #1482468  by Matt Langworthy

The CNJ unit is returning to the Tier. She led NS 310 to Bison Yard overnight. There are no recent updates on FB or the HU website, so I am not sure where #1071 is right now.
 #1482891  by Matt Langworthy

The N&W unit is 2nd of 3 locos on NS 22K today. The train was spotted in Mentor, OH (east of Cleveland) around 2:30 PM. The train might get onto the west end of the Tier before dark.
 #1482995  by Matt Langworthy

NS 22K is tied down on the A&P siding in Horseheads, with N&W unit #8103 as the 2nd of 3 units. I do not know if the train stopped due to weather-related issues or for another reason.
 #1483492  by Matt Langworthy

The N&W unit is the 2nd of 3 locomotives on NS 23K today. The train was spotted in Binghamton earlier this morning, so #8103 is probably on the Tier now.
 #1483510  by sd80mac

Matt Langworthy wrote:NS 23K (with #8103 as the 2nd of 3 units) was westbound thru Canaseraga at 11:12 AM, as per a Facebook report.
Over Genesee Arch Bridge at 11 30... Most likely in Buffalo by now..