Railroad Forums 

• Owego & Harford in SAYRE - Lehigh Railway

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#960785  by scottychaos

I dont think it was mentioned in this thread, but the Lehigh Railway was featured in an in-depth Railpace article! July 2011 issue..
I just found out about it a few days ago..
The August issue is now out, so the July issue might be hard to find..
For anyone in the Rochester NY area, World Wide News still has the July issue..I was able to snag a copy there yesterday..

Scot
 #960832  by ANDY117

I was just out this afternoon, and got some more pictures of the 2211 and the 2 SD40-2s in their new paint. Photos will be up later on tonight when I get home from work.
 #961441  by Matt Langworthy

Question: is the Lehigh Railway active in the Sayre/Athens area on Wednesdays? If so, what time? I know that some shortlines do not run on a fixed schedule, but any information on the Lehigh Railway's schedule would be appreciated.
 #961451  by K4Pacific

Hi Matt,

When LRWY comes into Sayre is based upon the orders for the day. I do know the NS Sayre Turn leaves Elmira at around 2pm and more often than not, meets the LRWY. I'd also prepare for a Ithaca coal train. The season is coming to stock pile.
 #961787  by Matt Langworthy

K4Pacific wrote:When LRWY comes into Sayre is based upon the orders for the day. I do know the NS Sayre Turn leaves Elmira at around 2pm and more often than not, meets the LRWY. I'd also prepare for a Ithaca coal train. The season is coming to stock pile.
Thanks for the information, as always. I plan to be in the Twin Tiers in 8 days. :)
 #999122  by sallenparks

Boy this thread slowed way down, the only thing I can think of that is different is that the 3rd and final GP40 3002 is on the property now.I don't know how long but for a little while now.I havn't been to the Lehigh for a while now anything new.
 #999853  by Matt Langworthy

Yeah, is there anything new going on at LRWY? As always, I understand that shortlines can and do alter their schedules as needed (to serve customers), but I'm thinking about a visit to Sayre in a month or two. What days of the weeks does the LWRY interchange with NS? What is the normal time of day for the interchange at Sayre?

And since I'm asking questions, is the line fully recovered from the late summer flooding?