Railroad Forums 

• Private equipment collection at Colonie and Glenmont

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#1412186  by RussNelson

"The new span, which has yet to be formally researched and designed, is likely to include not only rail, but also truck traffic and a pedestrian walkway. "

Yes, https://www.flickr.com/photos/russnelso ... ed-family/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; This is the same D&H bridge over the Normanskill. You can tell by looking at the trees. But notice that the new bridge, if there is a new bridge, will include rail! That means there is still hope!
 #1412202  by nessman

Well - goes what I (and others) have said all along - the existing bridge couldn't even support its own weight.

But, you can call me a naysayer that may be proven wrong. These things actually stand a chance after all...
 #1500530  by scottychaos

Post on Facebook today, with a photo. The Alco RS3 and all but one of the passenger cars at Colonie are now scrapped. One passenger car remains, on its side. Will also be scrapped within the next day or two.

Scot
 #1500577  by thebigham

scottychaos wrote:Post on Facebook today, with a photo. The Alco RS3 and all but one of the passenger cars at Colonie are now scrapped. One passenger car remains, on its side. Will also be scrapped within the next day or two.

Scot
What Facebook group? Thanks!
 #1500598  by scottychaos

thebigham wrote:
scottychaos wrote:Post on Facebook today, with a photo. The Alco RS3 and all but one of the passenger cars at Colonie are now scrapped. One passenger car remains, on its side. Will also be scrapped within the next day or two.

Scot
What Facebook group? Thanks!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DandHRailroad/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
 #1502987  by nessman

So what has survived from the Colonie yard?
 #1503241  by scottychaos

pumpers wrote:
lvrr325 wrote:The ex-LIRR FA got out, I think a D&H caboose also.
What do you mean by "got out". Presumably "got out in one piece", I hope. I assume they did not "get out on rails " though, so were they trailered?
The FA did leave on rails!
my note from 2008:
43.) March 2008 - Western Maryland Alco FA2 No. 302 finally escapes Colonie!
stored there for over a decade with the rest of the derelict Alcos, 302 is owned
by the WMRHS, who finally got her moved out of Colonie. The unit sat at Albany's
Kenwood yard for a few months, and in July it arrived on the
West Virginia Central Railroad where restoration will begin.
New York State loses one Alco, but its good news!
from: https://scotlawrence.github.io/NYalcos/ ... ments.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and also from the timeline:

March 2008 - Western Maryland Alco FA2 No. 302 finally escapes Colonie! (the only one of the 5 Colonie Alcos to survive)
November 2013 - D&H Alco RS3 4082 is scrapped in Colonie.
2015 - Alco S2, Ex Albany Port RR, nee D&H 3011, is scrapped in Colonie.
February 2019 - Alco RS3, Ex Albany Port RR #2, nee D&H 4126, is scrapped in Colonie.
February 2019 - Alco S1, Ex LIRR 417, is scrapped in Colonie

Scot