Railroad Forums 

• Pullman Car-Amandore

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#1538885  by SST

It has also been a very long time since I first "discovered" this Pullman car. Probably 25 years ago I first saw this next door to LaFarge Cement on River Rd on Tonawanda. It was in poor shape back then but you could still read the name of the car. I have rolled past it many times but the overgrowth has been bad along with the gate closed and locked. But today, they must of known I was coming because not only was the gate open but the heavy brush was cleared although not all of it. If I thought it was in poor condition 25 years ago, it is beyond poor now. So sad to see it literally rot! It is sitting on cement blocks....no trucks. Its going to collapse within a few years. I could barely see the lettering but that's only because I already knew where they were. If you didn't, you couldn't. In the fourth picture you'll see electrical wires attached. There is a power pole just behind it. Plus their is a bathtub in there. I'm wondering if somebody actually lived there rather than it being just dumped there.

Here are some pics:

The outside view:

Toilet for your stateroom:

Stateroom:

Main cabin:

Electric supply line:
 #1538894  by lvrr325

Looks like lockers tipped over inside the main room. Probably some kind of crew facility for someone.
 #1538975  by SST

Those lockers have been in there since the first discovery. Just moved around.