Railroad Forums 

• 2020 Spring Train Show Schedule for Upstate NY

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#1534856  by lvrr325

Location was noted about five posts up from your first post.

As to time, the earliest I see them open is 9, the latest 10. If you get there too early, a lot of them will open early if they have a line at the door.
 #1536496  by lvrr325

It wouldn't shock me if GCC cancels some events like the Batavia Train Show; I put a feeler out to see if I can find out anything. This because of the virus panic having schools go to online only classes and so forth. All it would take is one person showing up with a positive and I think they'd cancel all their public events, sports, this, whatever.

Of the shows left I think that's the only one in a facility that is liable to do that; Lockport in the arena is the end of April so it would probably be okay and the others are pretty much in smaller, more privately owned places. Of course all that is subject to the whim of the state, too, they already banned these type of events in New Rochelle because of the number of cases there.

I still plan to go to all of them, unless the crowds start to tank. Even then the only ones I'd be concerned with are Albany this week and Batavia. The others aren't as big an expense if the sales are slow.

Edit: Should know something by Monday.
 #1536524  by traingeek8223

I've gotten pressure from our partner group to cancel the "Rails Along the Mohawk" Amsterdam due to the virus panic, but as of today we are still on. We will see where things are in a couple weeks but I am confident that we will not have to pull the plug.
 #1536525  by lvrr325

That was going to be my next contact was to check in there. Did the website ever get an update?

If it's on I'll be there, but like everything else it's going to be a wait and see thing, which is why I've been checking in with people, even if it's the day before if there's a cancel I want to be able to post it.

The list of stuff being cancelled now is staggering and overwhelming. You may want to keep in touch with vendors because if a ton of them cancel out then you may as well pull the plug anyways just to avoid having a bad show.
 #1536526  by lvrr325

Old & Weary wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:03 am The Spring Batavia Train show is cancelled per notification from Genesee Community College last evening. The venue is already reserved for the Fall Show on Nov. 15, 2020. Hopefully by then things will be back to normal.
Email from Mike Pyszchek this morning said "We’re on top of the situation and will decide this weekend. Since we hold the event on a SUNY campus, we may have to abide by their policies."

So I have some conflicting info here.
 #1536527  by traingeek8223

We will likely post to our Facebook page first, and contact the vendors second. Communication with our webmaster isn't consistent but I control the Facebook account so that is the best place to get up to date information. Don't expect any new news for at least a week though because its still too early to make a decision.
 #1536542  by traingeek8223

Just got word that the show at the Polish Community center in Albany set for this Saturday has been canceled.
 #1536544  by lvrr325

I wouldn't rush to a decision on an event that's 3 weeks off. Things could change just as suddenly, supposedly it's already going away in China.

However I do have some unfortunate news.

The 3/14 Albany Train Show at the Polish Community Center is CANCELLED -

Just got off the phone with the promoter, he was leaning that way and made the decision this afternoon. From the sound of it some vendors may have backed out and then things today got really crazy, so he did what he had to do. Disappointing, but out of his control.

So I just checked the TTCS web page.

The 3/15 Rochester Shamrock Train Show is also CANCELLED.

I do have an email in on Binghamton, if I don't hear I will give them a call, they may not even know yet what they're going to do. But I'd say don't hold your breath.

One more update, Cuomo has banned events of more than 500 people through the end of the month, which probably pulls the plug on Batavia even if they wanted to try to hold it anyways; I don't know that it has 500 all at the same time but overall runs 800-1000 most years. I think Binghamton is about the same, although I'm fairly certain that room doesn't hold 500 at one time.