Railroad Forums 

• Coal train in Rochester...

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#1512680  by Ironhorse27

This afternoon, I believe I saw a CSX coal train headed eastbound. The part of the train I saw was all CSX hoppers. Anyone have any idea where this train was going? I thought there was no coal traffic running on this particular line.
 #1516032  by RMB357

I also saw an eastbound coal train on CSX going through Dunkirk a few days ago. I couldn't even guess but maybe going to another state?
 #1516038  by DGC-24711

RMB357 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:26 am I also saw an eastbound coal train on CSX going through Dunkirk a few days ago. I couldn't even guess but maybe going to another state?
Yesterday, Sunday July 4, around 7:30 am I heard distant whistle, like the CSX on the Lockport branch onto the Somerset line. Later in the day, I was in Somerset and the chimney was silent. I don't know how long it takes to turn over deliveries (if it had gone to the plant), or if it had just been working local industry in Lower Town..
 #1529538  by blackbearford

Saw coal eastbound passing over Scio St. just before sunrise Friday (or was it Thursday?). A buddy also mentioned he had seen coal quite recently here. It’s sure been a while for me.
 #1529545  by SST

While driving under CSX [I-90] on Thursday the 26th, a CSX coal train was stopped on the bridge. CSX hoppers, not SR. Locomotives were not in site so I couldn't tell which direction they was going.