Railroad Forums 

• Buffalo & Pittsburgh Railroad (BPRR) Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#1456229  by BR&P

JPoland wrote:Thank U for the Train Symbols will go train chasing this week and try and use them
Good luck!

Your timing is off. After 3 days in the 40's and 50's, Saturday and Sunday are supposed to return to winter. :(
 #1478310  by JoeCollege

thebigham wrote:My recent B&P pics are here:

http://photos.greatrails.net/show/?orde ... y=98&key2=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Business is good on the B&P.

We've had some daylight trains lately between Salamanca and Buffalo.
This is essentially a bridge line, right? So they carry CN traffic from Buffalo south? Or am I as completely wrong about this as I am about most things. I don't recall a lot of on line businesses between Buffalo and Salamanca. Thanks.
 #1478346  by Matt Langworthy

The B&P has very few customers on the Buffalo Line in NY. On the other hand. they do have interchange traffic with the A&A and WNYP. The latter (based on what I've read elsewhere) seems to be doing quite well, which could explain at least some of the traffic uptick on the B&P.
 #1541937  by ctclark1

On the Third Sub south from Buffalo I noticed that the Thorn Ave crossing in Orchard Park has been paved over but not Taylor Rd, in fact the Taylor Rd control box looks positively immaculate in Street View photos from 2018. Upon further investigation into the FRA crossing inventory it shows that BPRR is reporting approximately 10 trains per week (5 each way) in their last update filings in January '19... Is 84 Lumber still an active customer? I thought they had discontinued rail deliveries years ago? Or did I misread that?