• RBBB circus train Tuesday

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by peconicstation

Thanks for the great pictures, the circus train has to be one of the longest trains that you will see running today with passenger (crew) cars.

Ken
  by kilroy

Saw the train sitting at Lane this morning with dirty black catfish at the east end
  by JPG76

The circus train went into the Sport Line today at about 10:30. They pulled the train west of Plank then reversed onto the connecting track and into Stadium.
  by Jason

RBBB will be in Atlantic City from 4/19-4/21. Anyword on when the train will be coming down the ACL? Is the train is going to be stored in Pleasantville or will it be split between P'Ville and Tuckahoe?
  by waldwickrailfan

Jason wrote:RBBB will be in Atlantic City from 4/19-4/21. Anyword on when the train will be coming down the ACL? Is the train is going to be stored in Pleasantville or will it be split between P'Ville and Tuckahoe?
It's the Gold Unit so It will most likely be in Atlantic City station
  by nomis

waldwickrailfan wrote:
Jason wrote:RBBB will be in Atlantic City from 4/19-4/21. Anyword on when the train will be coming down the ACL? Is the train is going to be stored in Pleasantville or will it be split between P'Ville and Tuckahoe?
The gold unit, is not steel wheels on steel rails, but rather rubber wheels on tarred asphalt ... it's the truck show.
  by ns3010

nomis wrote:
waldwickrailfan wrote:
The gold unit, is not steel wheels on steel rails, but rather rubber wheels on tarred asphalt ... it's the truck show.
Lame...
  by waldwickrailfan

nomis wrote:
waldwickrailfan wrote:
I've seen the gold unit in photos, many of them and i highly doubt that more than 30 something people would lie.
  by TAMR213

waldwickrailfan wrote:
nomis wrote:
waldwickrailfan wrote:
I've seen the gold unit in photos, many of them and i highly doubt that more than 30 something people would lie.
Wrong. From wikipedia:
"Currently, the circus maintains two circus train-based shows, the Blue Tour and the Red Tour, as well as the truck-based Gold Tour (which began in 2004)" "The Gold Tour presents a scaled-back, single-ring version of the show, designed to serve smaller markets deemed incapable of supporting the three-ring versions."
  by waldwickrailfan

TAMR213 wrote:
waldwickrailfan wrote:
nomis wrote:
waldwickrailfan wrote:
Wrong. From wikipedia:
"Currently, the circus maintains two circus train-based shows, the Blue Tour and the Red Tour, as well as the truck-based Gold Tour (which began in 2004)" "The Gold Tour presents a scaled-back, single-ring version of the show, designed to serve smaller markets deemed incapable of supporting the three-ring versions."
I've seen photos of the gold tour, but I highly doubt that it ever moves as I just looked at the cars in more detail and they look rusty. also Wikipedia is not the best source
  by Jtgshu

Maybe this will be a better source for ya

http://www.ringling.com/ContentPage.asp ... tion=45823

from RBBB's FAQ section

13. What is the difference between the Red Unit and the Blue Unit?
Each year that The Greatest Show On Earth comes to your area, the show is entirely different and completely new! We have two traveling units -- the Red and the Blue -- that each tour North America 11 months out of the year. Each unit tours for two years, returning to Winter Quarters on alternate years to prepare a brand-new edition of Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey. How can you tell the difference between the Red Unit and the Blue Unit? The Red Unit presents the odd-numbered editions of The Greatest Show On Earth, while the Blue Unit presents the even-numbered editions. Both units travel roughly the same tour schedule around the country, so if you saw the Blue Unit last year, you'll see the Red Unit this year. In all cases, every time The Greatest Show On Earth comes your way, rest assured it's an all-new production that's never been to your city!

No mention of the Gold unit, its a different show and not one of the two "Greatest Shows on Earth" that travel by train.

I caught the entire train moving through Penn Station NY about a month ago, going from LI to NJ. Its always such a cool thing to see it up close. Its also fun seeing the performers and workers taking videos from the vestibules of where they are going to and through and of all the people watching the train and them travel by!