• NJ Freqs

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by hazmatmess

Hello all,
Now that my 2 y/o son like trains, I have gotten back into railfanning. I've been doing some research and I just want to make sure I have the right info. for frequencies for the following areas:

Ridgefield Park:
CSX: 160.980 & 160.260 for the River Sub & 161.490 for North Bergen Yard.
NYS&W: 160.485

Bound Brook:
NS: 160.800, 161.070 & 160.860 (Don't know the NJT Freq cause I don't know which line it is)

NEC @ MetroPark:

Am I missing anything else?
Thanks
  by RailsEast

161.235 for the NJT Raritan Valley Line.
  by Jtgshu

RailsEast wrote:161.235 for the NJT Raritan Valley Line.
NJTs Raritan Valley Line is the "Newark Division" frequency - it covers the Raritan Valley Line, the North Jersey Coast line, the Hudson LIne (if trains going to Hoboken or the MMC form the NEC need to talk to the RVL dispatcher, as they control Cape interlocking) as well as the Princeton Branch as the Raritan Valley Line also controls that.

The Atlantic City line, while part of the Newark division of NJT, uses the Hoboken Division frequency. the MMC uses its own frequency, as well as Hoboken Terminal. the frequency used for Hoboken Terminal is also used by Morrisville Yard.

Im sorry I don't remember the actual frequency numbers - I just know them as channels on the radio on the locomotives :)
  by TAMR213

Some additional clarification at Bound Brook:

161.070 is used by NS on the Lehigh Line west of Port Reading Junction (Manville), while 160.980 is used by CSX on the Trenton Line south of Port Reading Junction. East of Port Reading Junction the line is controlled by Conrail Shared Assets "North Jersey Dispatcher" on 160.860. Not sure what 160.800 is used for but I keep it in my radio just to be safe. In addition, the Port Reading Secondary (which is visible at Bound Brook and extends from the Lehigh Line at CP-Bound Brook east to Port Reading Yard and the Chemical Coast in Woodbridge) is controlled by Conrail Shared Assets "South Jersey Dispatcher" who can be heard on 160.935. Hope this helps.
  by JPG76

NJT will be switching from wide band to narrow band frequencys in the near future.