Railroad Forums 

• Moderator's note - Saturday, Jun 30th 2012 trip

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#949215  by ns3010

#950368  by David

Here is the first group picture from June 11th-- Names from left to right: Adam--Jeff--David (me)--Kurt-- Brandon Kaback--Nick O'Sullivan--and Mike DiMunno.
 #950375  by Roadgeek Adam

And I now lack most of that hair covered by my hat.
 #950424  by Jtgshu

Wow what a motley crew that is!

id through all of you off any of my trains for looking suspicious! :P

Especially Nick.......
 #950909  by David

Group picture from second trip, July 2nd. Names from left to right: Mike DiMunno--David (me)--Nick O'Sullivan--Brandon Kaback--Bob Vogel (ChuChuBob)---Mike and Joe. Picture taken in Woodbine after a great meeting with Tony Macrie!
 #950951  by Roadgeek Adam

David wrote:Here is the first group picture from June 11th-- Names from left to right: Kurt--Jeff--David (me)--Adam-- Brandon Kaback--Nick O'Sullivan--and Mike DiMunno.
I'm on the far left sir. ;) You have Kurt and I reversed.
 #950978  by NJT4272

That reminds me: I've had 2 groups shots from the Cut-Off trip on my Blackberry that I was meaning to post.

These were from early in the day when the fog was so thick at one point, you could probably bag it like cotton candy.

Left to right: Mike, David, Brandon, Kurt, Nick, Adam

Left to right: Mike, David. Brandon, Kurt, ME, Adam

I'll tell you one thing, though........ I do miss a certain rail yard occupied by a certain "historical society" in North Jersey for one reason: All those Saturday's spent slaving for free without stopping for lunch sure did wonders for my waist-line. Now that I've liberated myself from that activity, I see that the belt has a few extra holes in it now! I gotta start restoring rail equipment again before I get any heavier!
 #951224  by David

Roadgeek Adam wrote:
David wrote:Here is the first group picture from June 11th-- Names from left to right: Kurt--Jeff--David (me)--Adam-- Brandon Kaback--Nick O'Sullivan--and Mike DiMunno.
I'm on the far left sir. ;) You have Kurt and I reversed.

All corrected--Sorry--Any more pictures???
 #951291  by Roadgeek Adam

I'll look on my part sooner or later.
 #951297  by ns3010

One more from me. I originally didn't like this picture because the high sun almost made the sky too bright and bleached out the sign, but it's growing on me.

Tuckahoe Tower:
 #1056091  by David

Ok--Here is the next adventure--On June 30th Saturday a trip to Salem from Woodbury. We are meeting at the Atco Train Station at 8:30am traveling to Winslow Junction to check out the new developments there. Then to Woodbury and follow the line to Salem observing every siding, switch and bad section of track to the end. All are welcome. Contact me if there are any questions. We are going rain or shine.Thank you.

PS--I have very limited access to the internet since I am living in a campground. So--Please call me at (239)564-6502 if you have any questions.
 #1056149  by Roadgeek Adam

No go for me this time. I have a meeting in NYC to get to.
 #1056157  by JJMDiMunno

I will certainly be in attendance - there may be other side trips on this excursion as time allows also - we will probably follow some other line north back to Woodbury...this TBD.

Mike DiMunno
SJRA / SJRail.com
 #1056644  by FireChaserE3

Hey all. I would love to join your group to get some pics and shoot the breeze...but I'm not sure if I'd be able to get off of work from my 2nd job on Sat.

Been out of the hobby for a few years since I got married...and have been looking to get into this again. If any of you guys would be interested in getting together & meeting up to shoot some pics on a Sunday though, let me know. Get me on here or send me a PM.

Jim