Railroad Forums 

• Moderator's note - Saturday, Jun 30th 2012 trip

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#940050  by NJT4272

Alright......... I hope none of you sissies are planning on bailing out because the dopey, know-nothing weather-people are saying it might drizzle a little bit tomorrow,.... because I went through the trouble of finally installing the rest of the horn rig equipment in my "new" 2010 300.

Got the power cable for the compressors hooked back up to the battery. Bolted the horn mounts back on the roof rack. Installed the tanks and all the control plumbing. The new 300 is ready to make some music!

Here we see the 2010 wearing the Nathan P135R24 and the Wabco AA2 for the very first time since I got the car in February.

Looking forward to saluting the resurrection of the Cut-Off with my big rack of Nathan antlers and my Mickey Mouse ears!
 #940051  by Roadgeek Adam

NJT4272 wrote:Alright......... I hope none of you sissies are planning on bailing out because the dopey, know-nothing weather-people are saying it might drizzle a little bit tomorrow,.... because I went through the trouble of finally installing the rest of the horn rig equipment in my "new" 2010 300.

Got the power cable for the compressors hooked back up to the battery. Bolted the horn mounts back on the roof rack. Installed the tanks and all the control plumbing. The new 300 is ready to make some music!

Here we see the 2010 wearing the Nathan P135R24 and the Wabco AA2 for the very first time since I got the car in February.

Looking forward to saluting the resurrection of the Cut-Off with my big rack of Nathan antlers and my Mickey Mouse ears!
Sissy my ass. I have bicycled in full blown blizzards. Rain ain't gonna to jack.

As for the post above, Manunka Chunk is greatly far from Andover, plus Manunka Chunk is the worst place to be with rain, due to the constant flooding.
 #940131  by railroadcarmover

NJT4272 wrote:Alright......... I hope none of you sissies are planning on bailing out because the dopey, know-nothing weather-people are saying it might drizzle a little bit tomorrow,.... because I went through the trouble of finally installing the rest of the horn rig equipment in my "new" 2010 300.
Jeff, is that a 2010 GP-300? Or is it an SW-300?
 #940235  by NJT4272

Well I'm here. Where is everyone?
 #940256  by blockline4180

NJT4272 wrote:Well I'm here. Where is everyone?

Nobody called me or told me where to go so I'm not around!!! And thanks for the compliment!!!! :-9
 #940579  by Kaback9

blockline4180 wrote:

Nobody called me or told me where to go so I'm not around!!! And thanks for the compliment!!!! :-9
It was on the first page what was going on.

Great meeting all that came out yesterday btw!
 #940652  by nick11a

Kaback9 wrote:
blockline4180 wrote:

Agreed. A fun day, it was. Happily, everyone behaved in a distinguished and civilized fashion which brought great class to the art of railfanning.
 #940765  by blockline4180

Kaback9 wrote:
blockline4180 wrote:

sorry I missed you guys!!!!! Always next time!!!!!
 #942319  by David

Great trip!!--Next one is a South Jersey one set for July 2nd. We will be meeting at the Atco Train Station at 9am. Mike DiMunno is making up the Itinerary for this one. Thank you to all the railfans that showed up Saturday. Contact me by phone for any further information. A group picture will be posted when I return to Florida.
 #942488  by CJPat

Is it possible to ask if any of the participants care to offer up a summary on what you all observed? Just my way of living vicariously through the exploits of others :)
 #942535  by waldwickrailfan

David wrote:Great trip!!--Next one is a South Jersey one set for July 2nd. We will be meeting at the Atco Train Station at 9am. Mike DiMunno is making up the Itinerary for this one. Thank you to all the railfans that showed up Saturday. Contact me by phone for any further information. A group picture will be posted when I return to Florida.
this one i might be able to make. i'll be in the Egg Harbor area so it depends on the time.
 #942639  by ns3010

Since I got my license this morning ( :-) and no longer need to depend on others to drive me places) I might be able to make that one. It will depend on if I have to work that day, but I will let you guys know when I find out (which probably won't be until that week).

It sounds as if it is still in the planning stages, but would you happen to know any potential stops?
 #942730  by JJMDiMunno

ns3010 wrote:
It sounds as if it is still in the planning stages, but would you happen to know any potential stops?
It is likely stops will include the SRNJ at Winslow, CMSL at Tuckahoe, and some other spots that have been in the news for various reasons down here in SJ (Vineland to view what Conrail has recently taken it upon themselves to rip up, severing the CNJ Southern Division), and possibly over to Mt. Holly to view exactly what is left there these days of the Pemberton industrial past Hainesport). A stop may also be made along the Westville Cutoff.

Some of this stuff, like the Mt. Holly stuff, I haven't personally seen in years, so what we find will likely be a surprise to all on the trip.

Mike DiMunno
SJRA / SJRail.com
 #942761  by ns3010

Sounds like fun. I hope to be there, so long as I get permission from my parents, am able to secure a car for the day, and can get off of work. Getting all three could be a little tricky...