Railroad Forums 

• Moderator's note - Saturday, Jun 30th 2012 trip

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#934674  by David

Mike DiMunno (PRSL Moderator), Nick O'Sullivan (NJ Transit Moderator) Brandon Kaback, Jay O'Donnell and I, up from Florida, will be checking out the new Lackawanna Cut-Off progress starting from Port Morris and ending in Andover for a late lunch at the Andover Diner on Route 206. After lunch there will be some area side trips. Hopefully we will start at 9am meeting at the Netcong Train Station. All are invited to "tag along". Any questions, please ask me off line. Comments here are welcomed. David
 #937641  by David

sullivan1985 wrote:I might be in.

Great!--You can be lead vehicle with the horns!

Leaving here at 4am today for New Jersey. Stopping in Manassas Va. for the Railroad Festival Saturday, June 4th.
 #938022  by Roadgeek Adam

I'm likely up for it as well, just gotta fix about one or two things to confirm it. (The 11th is the last Saturday that I don't have a commitment somewhere)

Edit (1:25 PM): Good to go for the 11th, just need to let you know the provision I don't drive.
 #939113  by David

Looks like all is good to go. I arrived in New Jersey Sunday and am staying in Atco. Any further questions, or comments, call me at 239-564-6502. Thank you.
 #939122  by Jtgshu

Jeez David, its always extremes with you isn't it? -20 below or like 120 above :)

I dunno if i can or not this go around, depends on a few factors, with work being a big one........

I do think you need to make a stop and see your friends up there where Nick ate all the cookies :)
 #939138  by NJT4272

Strangely enough, I might consider showing my face at this one as well. The lawn is mowed. The better half is working. I have a good mind to treat myself to a visit to The Cut-off. Haven't been up there since before I was old enough to drive..........maybe 20 years.

Maybe I'll bring the horns.......... plus I'd jump at the chance to meet Sully and Jtgshu!
 #939197  by Roadgeek Adam

David wrote:Looks like all is good to go. I arrived in New Jersey Sunday and am staying in Atco. Any further questions, or comments, call me at 239-564-6502. Thank you.
Well I can add it looks like you have might have quite the list of tag-alongs here.

Well, even so I will feel young, considering the post above me kind of proves that. I will be bringing my tripod for use later on (group photo at UN would be nice.)
 #939440  by Roadgeek Adam

blockline4180 wrote:Sorry to say, as of now it looks like a cloudy day with thunderstorms likely on Saturday!! :-(
We'll see, the weather has been unable to call all week. Looking so far we're going to get the lighter weather, and only a 20% chance of showers.
 #939862  by Roadgeek Adam

Rain at 60%, but it still looks light. Just showers and some thunder when needed, not as bad as full blown thunderstorms.