i used to walk around out back there
all the time since i worked in the
building in the background. until
January it was TheChildren's Place
corporate HQ & warehouse. I believe
a moving company is in there now...
there was word that the Shop Rite
warehouse past American Way was going
to get service but i guess that fell thru..
i saw a cut of cars sittin closer to Croxton
off the Hartz Way spur years ago....
that was the last "activity" i saw...
peace,
 #795476  by Sir Ray

bigkidtrainz31 wrote:there was word that the Shop Rite
to get service but i guess that fell thru
The OP indicated that the Shop Rite warehouse was closed and torn-down - unless there were 2 locations on this branch? Has anything been built on the Shop Rite site (looking at this branch via Bing, all buildings abutting it seemed in fairly good shape, and probably reconfigurable to different purposes - why would they tear down the Shop Rite warehouse instead of 'repurposing' it?)
 #795744  by R36 Combine Coach

The ShopRite site referenced is on Enterprise Avenue, across from the Harmon Cove Outlet Center Mall at the north end of the spur. It was demolished late 2008/early 2009.
 #1025263  by R36 Combine Coach

Sir Ray wrote:
bigkidtrainz31 wrote:there was word that the Shop Rite
to get service but i guess that fell thru
The OP indicated that the Shop Rite warehouse was closed and torn-down - unless there were 2 locations on this branch? Has anything been built on the Shop Rite site (looking at this branch via Bing, all buildings abutting it seemed in fairly good shape, and probably reconfigurable to different purposes - why would they tear down the Shop Rite warehouse instead of 'repurposing' it?)
A new industrial building has appeared on the ShopRite site in Secaucus - a technology company called ProLogic.
 #1025290  by speedbird

R36 Combine Coach wrote: A new industrial building has appeared on the ShopRite site in Secaucus - a technology company called ProLogic.
The new thing in Secaucus appears to be data centers in new construction; if there ever was a business not in need of rail service, this would be it.