Railroad Forums 

• LV 112 to Ringoes

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#776801  by wolfboy8171981

Former LV SW1 #112 has been inspected and ok'ed for interchange at Rockwood TN. Unit will be picked by the NS and will be making its way to Ringoes, NJ to be restored by Pennsy Railcar Restoration LLC. Look for this unit to be coming to NJ in the during the month.
 #776900  by RailsEast

Will she remain here upon completion of restoration?
 #777950  by Ken W2KB

Scott's other restored equipment is kept at Ringoes, so presumably so will the 112.
 #778019  by many19

Gentlemen,
I'm close to Ringos, Can anyone keep updating on the move.
 #778047  by Ken W2KB

many19 wrote:Gentlemen,
The regular interchange at Three Bridges usually occurs on Wednesdays, I believe, as does the regularly scheduled (by timetable) BR&W freight. Check this thread and the fixed Black River Railroad Historical Trust thread at the top of this NJ Railfan forum which are the two most likely places the info will show up.
 #778147  by wolfboy8171981

Ken W2KB wrote:
many19 wrote:Gentlemen,
The regular interchange at Three Bridges usually occurs on Wednesdays, I believe, as does the regularly scheduled (by timetable) BR&W freight. Check this thread and the fixed Black River Railroad Historical Trust thread at the top of this NJ Railfan forum which are the two most likely places the info will show up.
H74 interchanges with the BR&W on Mondays.
H76 interchanges with the BR&W on Wednesday and Fridays.
 #778613  by PVRX1

112 should have been picked up from Rockwood Tennesee by NS on Monday night.
 #779004  by railroadcarmover

Seeing this loco on the move makes me :-D

I assume the pilot plates on the pilots were an FRA requirement for the shipment of the 112?

I am moving my FM H12-44 this summer over CSAO / NS and my unit never had them. I do want to install them at some point since its always nice keeping things out of the way of the truck sides.
 #779047  by PVRX1

Pennsy Railcar Restoration (Scott's) website: http://www.prrllc.com

Amazing what one can find in the back woods, coal mines, etc. In this case, a functional Lehigh Valley pup.
 #781170  by njt5140

Unit came into Knoxville, TN on 132 and currently there.
 #781231  by Otto Vondrak

PVRX1 wrote:Amazing what one can find in the back woods, coal mines, etc. In this case, a functional Lehigh Valley pup.
The LV fans were tracking it. It's been working down south at a grain mill for quite some time... the unit wasn't for sale until recently, and no one had the funds to acquire it and move it back north until now.
 #781259  by wolfboy8171981

njt5140 wrote:Unit came into Knoxville, TN on 132 and currently there.
Scotty says its going to get lined up for 16T. Hopfully it doesnt spend a week in Knoxville like it did at Chattanooga.
 #781772  by njt5140

wolfboy8171981 wrote:
njt5140 wrote:Unit came into Knoxville, TN on 132 and currently there.
Scotty says its going to get lined up for 16T. Hopfully it doesnt spend a week in Knoxville like it did at Chattanooga.
Last scan for the unit was Singer, VA on 38Q-10 so it appears it's in Roanoke as of 3PM Thu.... Let's see if they add it to 16T there or keep it on 38Q....