Railroad Forums 

• BR&W Lambertville-Ringoes

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#734133  by LVRR Guy

It should only be three or four years. A volunteer used to take his speeder down to Lambertville to check the line and clear brush. Not sure if the railroad kept records.
 #734380  by Donko142

Wolfboy or anyone from BRT, is there any plans to cut and spray the ROW down south ?
 #735624  by ATSF2419

Donko142 wrote:I don't think it's been 11 years since trains were in Lambertville. I remember running 40 at New Hope and playing the whistle game with 60, I think this was 1999 or 2000. Does anyone know if there is any plans for the BRW guys & Mike's cutter to go down the South end of the Railroad ?
Last revenue train to L'Ville was in late December 1998. It was powered by CNJ 1523. So, it has been just shy of 11 years since the last train ran down there.

There have been a couple of other runs down there, mostly to relocate URHS equipment to Ringoes, but that's it.

60 would have last ran down there in 1995, I would guess, as it was taken out of service after that season. By the time it returned in October 1998, service to Lambertville was all but dead.
 #735659  by wolfboy8171981

ATSF2419 wrote:
Donko142 wrote:I don't think it's been 11 years since trains were in Lambertville. I remember running 40 at New Hope and playing the whistle game with 60, I think this was 1999 or 2000. Does anyone know if there is any plans for the BRW guys & Mike's cutter to go down the South end of the Railroad ?
Last revenue train to L'Ville was in late December 1998. It was powered by CNJ 1523. So, it has been just shy of 11 years since the last train ran down there.

There have been a couple of other runs down there, mostly to relocate URHS equipment to Ringoes, but that's it.

60 would have last ran down there in 1995, I would guess, as it was taken out of service after that season. By the time it returned in October 1998, service to Lambertville was all but dead.
I dont do this often, but I'm going to disagree with you ATSF2419 :-) . I remember going to L'ville with 60 after she came back in 1998.
 #736005  by ATSF2419

wolfboy8171981 wrote:
ATSF2419 wrote:

I dont do this often, but I'm going to disagree with you ATSF2419 :-) . I remember going to L'ville with 60 after she came back in 1998.
She never ran down there in 1998. I'm 100% certain of that.

SNS trains were done two months prior to her return to service, and the other subsequent moves down there (other than late December of the same year) after the SNS was an employee special and a URHS tour of the line special. Both of those trains, however, were diesel powered.
 #746913  by thebigham

^It's north of Lambertville near the bridge over the river. It's on the track that used to go to a quarry.
 #746924  by David

Does the track still go into the quarry?
 #746931  by wolfboy8171981

David wrote:Does the track still go into the quarry?
The tracks end at Rt29. Trap Rock removed the tracks inside the quarry a few years ago, after they had just gotten the tracks refurbished for traffic that never got off the ground.
 #746935  by David

wolfboy8171981 wrote:
The tracks end at Rt29. Trap Rock removed the tracks inside the quarry a few years ago, after they had just gotten the tracks refurbished for traffic that never got off the ground.
Do they still cross rt29?
 #746951  by wolfboy8171981

David wrote:
wolfboy8171981 wrote:
Do they still cross rt29?
No the tracks end at Rt29. The crossing was removed around the same time as the tracks inside the quarry. The crossing on the Ringoes-Lambertille line for Rt29 is still there.
 #747098  by Donko142

Is there any plans to cut or spray the line down to the station in Lambertville to keep in open, at least for hi rail equipment ? On another note, The BRW Trust appears to be doing a great job, Oct trains with the open flat looked great guys.
 #747321  by thebigham

^I will volunteer to help cut in Lambertville. There's a lot of brush, but with a good sized crew, it won't take long to get the tracks passable enough for a speeder.

I have pictures. I'll post them at NErail soon.