Railroad Forums 

• Freehold Secondary OOS Section

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#893565  by Blackseal Jim

Are you talking about the concrete silos next to the ROW ?. If so they are remains of Rokeach Foods. They were for storing grains for soups.They've been closed for 20+ years now. I remember as a kid , when they were in buisness , the entire town smelled like soup cooking ! Hope this helps
Jim H
 #894706  by southern sec. kid

On my way home from my cousins house for my birthday on 524 where it crosses The OOS portion of the FIT in farmingdale the snow was cleared at the railroad crossing looking like a train went through and no piled up snow on the tracks except for the snow coming down now. Of course it would be awesome to hear that a train recently traversed between freehold and farmingdale, i would most likely be getting my hopes up. Just thought i would post that for a very slim possibility of a train.
 #894910  by ChrisU

southern sec. kid wrote:Mabye it was a hi rail because the power company is putting up the new electric poles. thats all i can think of because i unfortunatley doubt a train went through.
Yeah probably was a hi rail.
 #895248  by GSC

Any evidence of brush pushed down? Other evidence of something going by? Would like to see something...anything...on those rails again.
 #895347  by ApproachMedium

Kaback9 wrote:I don't think a train is going past ART hell, I don't think a train can with out derailing right now.

I dont even think a ditch cart could get past ART without derailing.... forget a train! lol.
 #895382  by southern sec. kid

Im not trying to say anything came through haha. just on both sides of the road showed signs reminiscent of how it would look if a train came through. although the thought of seeing a train out there would be awesome. There is just something about seeing a train running down either beat up rails, rarely used trackage or in this case oos that looks cool.
 #896388  by GSC

Anyone here good at making crop circles? We could do ghost train "evidence" in the snow.
 #896481  by ChrisU

GSC wrote:Anyone here good at making crop circles? We could do ghost train "evidence" in the snow.
I have a snowblower so maybe I can help,lol.