Railroad Forums 

• NYGL update?

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1039462  by airman00

Nice pictures! The old girl still looks in pretty good shape! :)
 #1039780  by dano23

More gons spotted inside, also a 20 foot Maersk container on the property.
 #1040943  by brianc02

5 empties and 3 loads on the interchange track in Garfield as of 1500-4/27/2012.

IAIS reporting marks on the empties.
 #1041111  by PVRX1

Yes PVRX is my reporting mark. Any locomotives or rolling stock that I held, hold, or will hold ownership of wear that mark. In the case of 436, neither URHS or BRRHT have assigned reporting marks so we registered the unit to PVRX for transportation purposes, basically as Steve said above.

JH
 #1042581  by kamerad47

I rode by there today & noticed 1268 was not it the yard , so I went down to the interchange & it was there with 5 more loaded gons 1 high side, airing up the cars & releasing the brakes & watched them go down the street over the bridge & into the yard. They move some cars around the yard ,pulled that old blue diesel out of the building & put it next to it . They are using a excavator with a magnatized grapple to unload the gons & a skid steer & a ramp to load the containers. It's great to see & old Geep pulling cars down the middle of a street , It's something every rail fan should get to see sometime!!!! That's old time RR!!!
 #1042701  by David

kamerad47 wrote:I rode by there today & noticed 1268 was not it the yard , so I went down to the interchange & it was there with 5 more loaded gons 1 high side, airing up the cars & releasing the brakes & watched them go down the street over the bridge & into the yard. They move some cars around the yard ,pulled that old blue diesel out of the building & put it next to it . They are using a excavator with a magnatized grapple to unload the gons & a skid steer & a ramp to load the containers. It's great to see & old Geep pulling cars down the middle of a street , It's something every rail fan should get to see sometime!!!! That's old time RR!!!

Some pictures would be nice--Can you get them--Thanks--
 #1042813  by SecaucusJunction

Just heard NS H8R switching Dundee as of 12:45pm.
 #1043608  by kamerad47

1268 was down at the interchange again today , 5616 & 5610 were there too dropping off 2 more gons !
 #1048830  by kamerad47

I caught 1268 with 1 loaded gon coming down Monroe St. today! I wish this site was more picture friendly???
 #1050338  by kamerad47