Railroad Forums 

• SIRR container traffic to NJ to start this month....

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#385057  by SIRR4207

The BY8 Came over the bride about 830am and now is stuck do to lift bridge problems. Its been sitting there since 1025am and its now 1100am. I guess there is still some kinks to be worked out of the bridge..

#385500  by VinLaz

CSX 8825 just came over the AK bridge at 12:15 pm. Long hood foward with 31 cars. Crossed South ave at 12:30, and crossed victory blvd into the dump at 12:57. Will have pics as soon as I download them from my phone( forgot my camera).

#385503  by SIRR4207

Good job Vin...LOL I am to busy to get out to south avenue....

#385506  by blockline4180

VinLaz wrote:CSX 8825 just came over the AK bridge at 12:15 pm. Long hood foward with 31 cars. Crossed South ave at 12:30, and crossed victory blvd into the dump at 12:57. Will have pics as soon as I download them from my phone( forgot my camera).
31 cars?? Wow!

Thanks for posting that Vin!

#385508  by VinLaz

I was driving by Howland Hook and I saw the train coming over the bridge. So I hopped on the West shore and shot down to South ave to catch it. Soon as it passed , I drove to Victory by Con ED. It got held up a while pssing through the plant. I was so pissed I didnt have my camera, I have purposely been carrying it around just for this reason. Got a few shots with my phone anyway.

Its an awesome sight driving down the West Shore Xpressway with the train running next to you! :-D

#385519  by SIRR4207

thanks for the heads up I got some shots at south avenue crossing I got there at 130pm and i was about to leave at 230 I figured the train left already and I missed it but as soon as I started my truck I saw the head light. Light engine 6 axel 8829. Now I got to figure out how to upload them so everyone can see. I have them on my computer.

#385522  by VinLaz

Engine alone, or full train?

#385526  by SIRR4207

Engine Alone............I registered at Railroadpicarchives.net so i can upload the pics asap. I am waiting for the conformation e-mail. If you wanna see my shots now send me a private e-mail with your e-mail address.

#385571  by myfavscr

Seen 15-20 of those loaded flatcars on the headend of a WB on the
LV around 3:20pm.

#385874  by gravelyfan

BY-8 arriving Oak Island with 21 loads of Staten Island garbage at 1230 pm.

#385884  by SIRR4207

I wonder if they are going to make a second trip to Staten Island to bring more empties.

#385889  by MarkRouters

Everyone on SI should stop that pesky recycling and just throw everything in the garbage. That would get more trains running.

#385890  by SIRR4207

True, but if we do that then some big politics won't get there cut in the recycling scheme. Everything is about money in this world.

#386941  by SIRR4207

I am going to venture out to south avenue tomorrow morning. I drove past fresh kills yard and I easily saw about 40 cars that are loaded and ready to head out. I don't think the BY8 works Saturday and Sunday so nice long one tomorrow morning. To bad the weather is terrible.

#387040  by myfavscr

Went to the Island yesterday. Followed the tracks along the West Shore
expressway and pulled to the side to check out the transfer facility.
Very nice set up they have there. There was one loader in operation
loading containers. Looks like there are a couple of good spots to take
photos of the train. Too bad it doesn't run on weekends right now but
maybe once things really get going that might change.