Railroad Forums 

• SIRR container traffic to NJ to start this month....

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#382370  by SIRR4207

Maybe Somewhere in Elizabeth. i am not to familiar with the streets but I am sure mapquest will come in handy. I just heard the South Jersey dispatcher call BY8 at 6:09pm. They are working somewhere in boundbrook. Dispatcher said there relief crew the K683? Is waiting for them at a crossing. There was an article in the Staten island advance about the railroad I will try to find the link online and I will post it.

#382400  by myfavscr

Nothing up close in Elizabeth as the waterfront near the lift bridge is all
industrial. There is a waterfront park in Elizabethport on Front St.
just North of the industries but its probably a 1/2 a mile or more away
from the bridge.

#382717  by SIRR4207

The BY8 Crew did not make its trip to Staten island yesterday. They were bringing train K681 west to Bound Brook where it will be recrewed with a CSX crew for a trip down the Trenton Line. So far i don't hear them on the scanner and no sight of them as of 130pm. If I hear or see anything i'll post it.

#382773  by VinLaz

Passed by the dump a few times today. No sign of the train , but they are loading up a ton of containers. Mabye tommorow??

#382777  by SecaucusJunction

How did this trash move out of there before rail? Was it trucked out of the area or trucked to a local rail yard?

#382848  by SIRR4207

Secaucus Jct. - The trash was trucked out to I believe Oak Island. i am not 100% sure of that.
VinLaz - I passed also no sign of a train but a track full of garbage cars. I guess someday...Or maybe tonight

#382992  by SIRR4207

Drove past the yard tonight. 2 tracks full of garbage cars maybe a pickup in the morning?

by8

#383093  by Operator Hack

by8 is a 5 day a week job, the crew is of the slow natured productivity fund era. they are on duty at 730am. which means they get to the engine about 830am and start work around 9-930am. They have a former sto assigned to watch this job and the former OI7 now the PN13 trash job out of south karny. these two jobs are the hot thing right now. As soon as the new tracks and signals are in place at oak island there will be a stack train out of staten island also. well thats all from the HACK.

#383138  by SIRR4207

Thanks for the info HACK. I am still trying to figure out when they come. I wonder if it is even the BY8 that makes the trip. Maybe they just did it on monday? I think they are doing it at night when ship traffic is at a minimum.

#383154  by VinLaz

Still no sign of the train today. Looks like there are two full sets of cars sitting on sidings. There was a loader stacking the containers on.

#383217  by SIRR4207

The AK bride went down twice today. I guess the train came. I have my scanner on the south jersey dispatcher frequency and I didn't hear anything. I wonder if they have a different freq?

#383606  by SIRR4207

Witnesses report a freight train going towards fresh kills transfer station at 10am at the south avenue crossing. I don't know where they are right now but i'll try and find out.

#384350  by VinLaz

I seen the trash train this morning sitting next to the Turnpike near exit 13 . Had a CSX engine (couldnt get the #s) out front with a bunch of covered hoppers and tank cars behind it.

#384521  by SIRR4207

Lets see what tomorrow brings. I want to head over there but I don't have the time.