Railroad Forums 

• SRNJ - Southern Railroad of New Jersey

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#735610  by bystander

Now that they abandond the Salem track to som Co form Ohio are they going to keep the rest of the track at Winslow Plesentvile and Atlantic cIty or is that for sale too? Are they keppin up with the rentel payments there, I read about Salem here?

What aer the palns for all the engiones at Salem? I went at Winslow with my Son IN Law aned there isnt much room theire.
 #820802  by Greenspeed

Wondering what the latest is on the ownership and control of JP rail is, does anyone know? Has the Estate of Joseph Petaccio settled?
They have recently applied to NJ DEP for permit to operate rail trash transfer at Pleasantville NJ.
Application represents that President is Michael T. Foglietta of Salem NJ is President and Mark Ward of
Kentucky is the Secretary. A Herbert Ligon of Tennesse is listed as a Director, also Joseph Petaccio III and Jason Petaccio of Philadelphia. Refers to a Company named Alternative Energy Technologies as controlling about a 1/4 of the stock.
What happened to David DeClement who was running this line up to Mr. Petaccio's passing?
 #839003  by PRSL1972

The line that the SRNJ runs on is the Atlantic City Rail Line which is owned and maintained by NJT, not the DOT. DOT stoped rail operations in 1983 and that is how NJTRO was created. I have not heard of a dinner train running on the AC Line. Plans were in the works before the passing of Joe P. was to run to Richland, and Winslow to Tuckahoe. But sadly the passing of Joe put a damper on that. The legal process is still going on so until we know what the truth is lets not speculate what is or going to happen. What ever happens we will all know. I can say this for sure it will be very interesting to see whatever happens.
 #839594  by EDM5970

I wonder if Tony knew of those plans. I believe he has the passenger rights as far north as Winslow, and Conrail has the freight rights between Winslow, through Richland and Tuckahoe and onto the power plant at Beesley's.

Just what type of service was SRNJ going to operate? MofW trains? (Only thing left-)
 #846750  by Mr. Ed

I just came back from Winslow Jct (12:30 PM) and the American Recyclers snips and magnet were cleaning the site but I didn't see anything that was being cut up. And as far as I can see, there are still coaches on the tracks on the other side of the road. So which ones got cut up?

Later!
Mr. Ed
 #846774  by South Jersey Budd

I have a picture on my phone of the red P-70 half chopped up. ( I'm not tech savvy enough to post it though.) Guess that's the remains you saw. You may want to take another look. I couldn't stop and investigate more because I had my kids with me.
 #846849  by rrbluesman

I can picture two red P70s, one bearing a PRR keystone and the other being a flat red and having windows boarded. Shame they are scrapping them but I cant say Im surprised, they have been sitting for years with very little work done to them.