Railroad Forums 

• West side of Newark Branch

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#283021  by Dougster

MarkRouters wrote:They were receiving cars all of the time until about 6 months ago. Then they suddenly stopped. This is the first car since then.
Right. I was wondering why the lapse. Did a new company buy the property and have to get started, did the company have to revamp its operation, whatever?

#303569  by MarkRouters

The black tank car is gone. There is now a white one at WAS Terminals Inc. in Newark.

#309308  by MarkRouters

Thanks John. I was just thinking about taking a ride past there. Guess you saved me a trip. Lets hope this customer stays active now.

#309730  by ryanov

blockline4180 wrote: I would love to explore down there, but I don't want to be tagged for "target practice"
I wouldn't worry about it -- I drive through there regularly.
 #325632  by JohnFPorcaro

Was doing a Sunday drive yesterday, following the old Newark Branch, this time going the opposite way into Clifton. Drove by a company on Brigton Road called Van Ness and saw 3 cars on the side. Does anybody know how often this company uses the rail service ?

#325643  by NJ Vike

There's a nice article, with pictures, in this month's Midlander. If you're interested, go here. It's a great society:

http://njmidland.railfan.net/

#325659  by NJ Vike

Forgot to mention that you can purchase the article with the Newark Branch in it. The Erie Lackawanna also had some stories published in it as well.

#339690  by MarkRouters

I was driving down Mcarter highway in Newark last night and I think I saw a tank car sitting at the chemical company (WAS terminals Inc?) at the end of the track. I went by pretty quick and I didn't get a good look. Can any body verify? I want tom belive this line still has some life left in it. I still didn't get a chance to get a pic of a train going over the viaduct in Nutley.
 #339872  by JohnFPorcaro

Just drove by & yes there is a car there.
There wasn't one there Tuesday, that I know.
Its Alive! Alive!

#339914  by General

WAS Terminal is still in business? I thought that they closed up shop a year or two ago.
 #339931  by JohnFPorcaro

There are always trucks in and out there.
Now a rail tanker car.