• Hillside/Irvington industrial branch

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by Joseph DeLuisi

I recently seen a reefer car on the small team track in Parkview Yard at Frelinghuysen Ave & E.Peddie St in Newark being unloaded to a tractor trailer M.Bross Produce of Newark. They have been doing this for over a decade now.
  by Joseph DeLuisi

I heard that grain is being transloaded here as well.
  by ccutler

last week I saw two engines pull a covered hopper over the I 78 bridge. Hoping there is still a customer north of I 78 ;-)
  by Joseph DeLuisi

Maybe it's for that paper company in Irvington near Coit St. I think the name of the company is Albert Paper Products. If you Google their name it shows a picture of RR tracks.
  by ccutler

I tend to think they were just going to use the run-around trackage near the end of the branch.
  by pumpers

FWIW, on Google Maps (dated 2018 but don't think that represents the actual images), up near the end of the line, just south of Nye Ave, on the west side of the warehouse-looking building just west of South 21st St, there are 2 boxcars. JS
  by Joseph DeLuisi

I think that's Albert Paper Co. off of Coit St. That's good to hear that they're using rail instead of truck.
  by Joseph DeLuisi

Just spoke to someone at Manufacturers Reserve Building Supply on Woolsey St in Irvington, they receive the boxcars on the Irvington/Hillside Industrial Branch north of 78. So that's pretty good news.