Railroad Forums 

• CMSL?

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#237419  by TR-00

Gee, a platform so people can fly into Woodbine and take the train to Cape May? Wouldn't most GA pilots rather fly direct to Cape May County Airport? It's several miles closer. I'd hate to think of pilots with such limited IQ's buzzing around the skies over Woodbine.

#237500  by BrianM

Just my opinion, but none of it makes sense for what they want.

Brian
 #237552  by Douglas John Bowen

The various proposals for a Woodbine rail station, with and without links to the nearby airport, are being bandied about by local and airport officials, and are not being driven (nor requested) by Cape May Seashore Lines itself.

A Woodbine station, moreover, has been suggested for various commercial and/or industrial development that the municipality envisions, and is not wholly reliant on airport plans.

CMSL has made it clear that, should any such things come to fiscal fruition, it would of course cooperate to its fullest ability.

#237576  by Ken W2KB

TR-00 wrote:Gee, a platform so people can fly into Woodbine and take the train to Cape May? Wouldn't most GA pilots rather fly direct to Cape May County Airport? It's several miles closer. I'd hate to think of pilots with such limited IQ's buzzing around the skies over Woodbine.
I don't think so. Then it's an expensive cab ride to Cape May from WWD. Plus the train ride as such would be an attraction. Heck, there are loads of weekend morning flyins to airports where the only attraction is that the local club serves all you can eat pancakes for $5. The ability to fly to an airport, take a train ride from the airport itself to the beach/restaurants would be a winner, I suspect.

#237601  by TR-00

Cab ride? From Cape May County Airport to Cape May City? Why would an expensive cab ride be necessary? Surely a transportation expert such as you are, Ken must know that the 552 bus runs alongside the Cape May County Airport, via Bayshore Drive. :P

#237623  by Ken W2KB

TR-00 wrote:Cab ride? From Cape May County Airport to Cape May City? Why would an expensive cab ride be necessary? Surely a transportation expert such as you are, Ken must know that the 552 bus runs alongside the Cape May County Airport, via Bayshore Drive. :P
Pilots don't do buses. :wink: