Railroad Forums 

• Looking for a specific kind of spot for a movie

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1376402  by rschwartz33

I'm scouting for a place to shoot a couple scenes in a movie, looking for a wooded, remote spot far from inhabited areas (or at least nothing can be seen), that includes power/telephone lines. Maybe an abandoned track would be nice but not necessary.

Is finding something like this a long shot? Especially in jersey?

thanks

-roy
 #1376691  by RailsEast

Check with the Black River System (BRW/BDRR); there have been several movie scenes and commercials shot on their property in western Jersey over the years.....
http://www.bdrry.com/Email.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Chris
 #1376996  by CNJ Fan 4evr

Maybe ex CNJ main between High Bridge and Ludlow Asbury. Lots of "backwoods" spots with rusted rails still in place. The NS Washington secondary is another good one,particularly around Stewartsville and Broadway. Power lines, corn fields and NO houses nearby.Trains run once a day. However NS isn't fond of "tresspassers" so doing something like a movie might present a problem
 #1377579  by R&DB

State forest land due north of old CNJ bridge over NJ route 72. You will probably need 4-wheel drive. Sand roads and abandoned rail line with trees growing between rails
 #1378154  by rschwartz33

Hey guys real sorry for being unclear but I meant NO POWER LINES or anything. just the track. Its been hard for me to find a track that doesnt have lines running next to it.

Thanks for the suggestions, I will definitely check some of them out!