Railroad Forums 

• Where can I find..

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1250023  by ACeInTheHole

Hey guys, I just did a name change on my account, from beanbag to The current username. As such, I am looking to get a pic of an SD70ACe for my avatar. Do you guys know how frequently the NS ACes are in NJ and where I can catch one? Also do you guys know the routing of the oil trains that frequently have the BNSF run through power and where a good spot to catch one of those would be? I could just go pull up a pic of an ACe, but I prefer to take my own pictures for my avatars ever since I got my camera. Thanks.
 #1250029  by waldwickrailfan

ACeInTheHole wrote:Hey guys, I just did a name change on my account, from beanbag to The current username. As such, I am looking to get a pic of an SD70ACe for my avatar. Do you guys know how frequently the NS ACes are in NJ and where I can catch one? Also do you guys know the routing of the oil trains that frequently have the BNSF run through power and where a good spot to catch one of those would be? I could just go pull up a pic of an ACe, but I prefer to take my own pictures for my avatars ever since I got my camera. Thanks.
They can literally come in on any train. ACe's lately have been on 212 (morning). But I have seen them on 18N, 290, CSX K040, 33K, H70, CSX Q433, 32A, 20K, 67J and CSX Q418. Most of the time 212 though.

The BNSF's come on CSX's K04x series trains from Trenton,ND-Chicago,IL-Cleveland,OH-Willard,OH-Buffalo,NY-Selkirk,NY-North Bergen,NJ-Philadelphia,PA. 99% of the time goes through Norwood, Haworth, Bergenfield, Ridgefield Park, North Bergen, Jersey City, Kearny, Newark, Union, Roselle Park, South Plainfield, Bound Brook, Manville, Skillman, West Trenton in NJ along its route. I find that any spot is good for me, however I prefer Blauvelt,NY Ridgefield Park,NJ Union,NJ and Bound Brook,NJ. These K04x series trains come through whenever, usually 2-3 times a day
 #1252245  by waldwickrailfan

ACeInTheHole wrote:Do you know if these trains run in the weekday afternoons? And do they run past Union Station?
They literally run whenever. I've had days where I have not seen a single one, and others where I seem to get one every other train. All depends on what the railroad does with them. And yes I have seen them multiple times by Union
 #1253033  by kilroy

Bean/ACe - what you really need is a shot of one coming out of a tunnel. A real ACe in the hole.
 #1253670  by ACeInTheHole

kilroy wrote:Bean/ACe - what you really need is a shot of one coming out of a tunnel. A real ACe in the hole.
Where would I be able to get one like that without trespassing? I was merely thinking of hopping a train to Bound Brook once the weather warms up.
 #1254868  by kilroy

I'm sure there's a photo you could link to on Archives or some other photo site.