Railroad Forums 

• WW/SRRNJ Operating schedule

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1225412  by CNJ Fan 4evr

I am looking for a schedule of operations on the former CNJ southern division around Bridgeton/Vineland and Winslow Jct. for a video project on former CNJ trackage. I know they are probably infrequent and/or lucky grabs but IF I had some idea I might be able to do something.Also, anything from Red Bank south. Thanks in advance.
 #1225459  by luminous53

Hey as far as my knowledge (i'm a out of state now) WW operates Bridgeton to Vineland daily M-F. Red Bank to Lakewood every Thursday late afternoon by shared assets. I don't believe SRNJ runs south of Winslow. Good luck!
 #1225487  by chuchubob

luminous53 wrote:Hey as far as my knowledge (i'm a out of state now) WW operates Bridgeton to Vineland daily M-F. Red Bank to Lakewood every Thursday late afternoon by shared assets. I don't believe SRNJ runs south of Winslow. Good luck!
SRNJ hauls stone to Winslow Hot Mix on the former CNJ, two-to-three miles south of their yard.
 #1225575  by rrbluesman

Sometimes SRNJ runs cars to the Cedar Lake stretch of the former CNJ for storage. At least they did a few years ago, I dont know if this is still true, I no longer live in the area.
 #1226012  by bluedash2

FWIW, CSAO WPMI-21 also uses the former CNJ line M-F in the mid-late morning hours with a loco on each end to serve customers on each side of the diamond (where the line crosses the CSAO Vineland Sec).
 #1226044  by bluedash2

I just got an email back from my W&W source. Unfortunately, their transfer run from Bridgeton to Millville via the ex CNJ line is still a night job with an 8pm sign up time.
 #1226718  by CNJ Fan 4evr

Thanks guys. I have been working on filming former CNJ trackage since '97 but am missing segments still active. I have the main form Aldene to High Bridge with old shot of Bloomsbury and also Bartley on HB branch. Of course, NS still uses CNJ Delaware River bridge and trackage thru P'burg until Green's Bridge. Also have light rail in Greenville and Bayonne to E 34th st. Was planning on shooting 22nd st. and W 8th st but see W8th street is built as a "fly-over" so it doesn't really count. I have a shot of E'port and CSX engines sitting there. Still trying to get something on the Allentown-JIm Thorpe segment. Trains are hard to come by on that section now. I know Chemical Coast is still used but where would I shoot that from?
We have people that still want NJT to extend service back to Phillipsburg/Esaton/Bethlehem but I don't think I'll see it in my lifetime,unfortunately. I'd love to shoot at my childhood spots like Glen Gardner and Hampton as well as Asbury Ludlow .Poor vision in the past has screwed up any plans for the future.