Railroad Forums 

• Morristown & Erie 110th Anniversary Excursion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1207954  by blockline4180

TSTOM wrote:Steve -

How are you getting to HOB on Saturday morning ?

BTW, Pine is in Whippany coupled to Magnolia right now. The 3 NS coaches are pristine in external appearance !
Hi Tom,

I was thinking of taking the first morning train out Glen Ridge.. I think it gets me to Hoboken at 7:38 am or so!! How about you??
 #1207959  by blockline4180

TSTOM wrote:Is that the Montclair Shuttle ?

I think we transfer onto that train at Newark-Broad from our Morristown eastbound local.

Yes, I believe so.... I'll be in Bloomfield Friday night into Saturday, so I figured it would be the easiest way in.
 #1208161  by alewifebp

blockline4180 wrote:
TSTOM wrote:Steve -

How are you getting to HOB on Saturday morning ?

BTW, Pine is in Whippany coupled to Magnolia right now. The 3 NS coaches are pristine in external appearance !
Hi Tom,

I was thinking of taking the first morning train out Glen Ridge.. I think it gets me to Hoboken at 7:38 am or so!! How about you??
I originally thought of doing this, but the return schedule is somewhat problematic. If we return slightly late, you may end up waiting in Newark Broad or Hoboken until the 8:08. From where I'm coming from, I'll need to take the bus.
 #1208348  by TSTOM

alewifebp -
I originally thought of doing this, but the return schedule is somewhat problematic. If we return slightly late, you may end up waiting in Newark Broad or Hoboken until the 8:08. From where I'm coming from, I'll need to take the bus.
I'm assuming a late arrival back in HOB than the approx. 6pm advertised....SOP for a trip this long....we'll see.

Personally, been planning on that 8ish departure from HOB back to NWK-BROAD and then home on NJT. A full day of railfanning !!

:-D
 #1208353  by blockline4180

TSTOM wrote:alewifebp -
I'm assuming a late arrival back in HOB than the approx. 6pm advertised....SOP for a trip this long....we'll see.

Personally, been planning on that 8ish departure from HOB back to NWK-BROAD and then home on NJT. A full day of railfanning !!

:-D
Yes, same with me Tom!

BTW, have you talked with Mike S. at all lately??? I wonder if he knew about this trip....
You out there BlockLine_4111????
 #1208355  by TSTOM

Some updates from this morning....

PV's NYC #38 and Braddock Inn have arrived Morristown. Apparantly NS #3031 went down to the MMC and brought them back to the M&E last night. The 3031 ferried them to Whippany around 10am today.

One of the NS coaches was discovered to have a bad wheel set. NS delivered a brand new one to Morristown and it'll be installed late today or tomorrow a.m..

C424 #18 has been in the barn the past couple days as has coach Morris County getting some maintenance, cleaning, TLC.

The entire train save for the 3 Comet V's will be assembled in order ( 13 PV's plus 3 engines ) in Whippany and then staged on the lead to the old DL&W MU coach yard at BAKER ready to go East to HOB on track 2.

Unconfirmed rumor that an F40 will be pinch hitting for a P40 on the trip....we'll see.

Oh and your gonna love the horns on #3031....very unique sound !
Last edited by TSTOM on Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #1208357  by TSTOM

SEPTAR -
Is there a hypothetical time that the train will be in the Philipsburg area?
Well, you've got two chances to see it....before lunch on it's way out to Bethlehem and after lunch ( 90 minutes ) back up the Washington Secondary. I would imagine you'll have lotsa company at the old P-burg station !

Hope you have a scanner....