Railroad Forums 

• CR on the Southern Secondary

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1510775  by RailsEast

Hmm, thanks nomis; checking the CSAO employee timetable it does list 'Operations East, North Jersey District, Route NJ19, SOUS' as being south from Red Bank. So it seems that it's North/South on the Southern, but certainly East/West on the NJT Coast Line.
Thank you sir, I stand corrected.....
Chris
 #1510796  by R&DB

nomis wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:45 pm On Conrail’s Southern Secondary, it is a North-South railroad.
Sorry all. Guess I'm still living in a CNJ kimda world.
 #1510936  by NJT4149

Here’s my video of the train from May 30, which features the runaround at Cross Street. Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/W-D9UOmpf8Q
 #1510959  by Bracdude181

I could be entirely wrong about this, but I believe something went down to farmingdale today.

While working at Pine Creek today, I heard what sounded like 4408s horn come from either Old Tavern Road or Skuankum Yellowbrook Road. I only had enough gas to get home so I was unable to go and see if the rails were shiny.
A friend of mine was with me and I asked him to check rails on his way home. He says the rails at Maxwell Road are shiny like something had gone around maybe 3-4 hours ago at the time he checked.

I honestly don't know. Can one of you guys possibly find out if something went through farmingdale? I'm really not 100% sure about this so feel free to take this with a pinch of salt.
 #1511010  by Coast Line Railfan

Bracdude181 wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:01 pm I could be entirely wrong about this, but I believe something went down to farmingdale today.

While working at Pine Creek today, I heard what sounded like 4408s horn come from either Old Tavern Road or Squankum Yellowbrook Road. I only had enough gas to get home so I was unable to go and see if the rails were shiny.
A friend of mine was with me and I asked him to check rails on his way home. He says the rails at Maxwell Road are shiny like something had gone around maybe 3-4 hours ago at the time he checked.

I honestly don't know. Can one of you guys possibly find out if something went through farmingdale? I'm really not 100% sure about this so feel free to take this with a pinch of salt.
The hi-rail guy is supposed to come on Tuesdays, perhaps that was him. I know very well that a pickup truck doesn't have a K5LA :wink: , but it would probably be known before hand if a locomotive came down . . . Also, for those who may have not been keeping count, I believe that power for Browns is 4406, 4408, and 5628. Feel free to correct me on that one.
 #1511796  by NJT4149

As per a friend, the train departed Browns at 2:13 PM with NS 5628 and CSXT 4406 + 19: 17 Woodhavens and 2 tanks, with one tank in the middle and another at the end.
 #1511798  by NJT4149

Permission on Church at 2:34 PM
Permission to open up at 3:33 PM
 #1511815  by RailsEast

Aforementioned consist approaching Maxwell Rd in Eatontown in the middle of a massive thunderstorm at 5:00 in the pm.
 #1511857  by NJT4149

Pretty interesting operation south of Farmingdale tonight... NS 5628 suffered some sort of mechanical problem in Farmingdale, so the engineer operated the train from 4406. Meanwhile, the conductor was blowing the horn and guiding the engineer over the crossings via the radio from 5628. They should be at Cross Street by now...
 #1511860  by RailsEast

Should make for an interesting and/or miserable drill at Woodhaven tonight with more rain on the way. Life on the railroad is often less than glamorous....
 #1511861  by Bracdude181

SA31 was Southbound at Route 88 at 10:20 PM tonight. Whatever happened with 5628 definitely held them up. Route 88 crossing was also damaged again. Someone hit one of the lights and bent it the wrong way...