Railroad Forums 

• CR on the Southern Secondary

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1504393  by Bracdude181

As per a friend, CSX 4452 and NS 5313 arrived at browns on OI-16 today. Does anyone know if these engines will stay there or leave on the next OI-16? I'd like to see 4421 go down the southern.
 #1504438  by RailsEast

Confirmed, one box for Extech & 6 Woodhavens, approaching Maxwell Rd at 4:50 in the pm.
 #1504482  by Coast Line Railfan

Bracdude181 wrote:As of 9:38 PM, SA38 has finished drilling Woodhaven but appears to have tied down the train on the Woodhaven spur...
The SA-31 crew was supposed to drill Woodhaven as far as I know, so they were waiting for the 38 crew . . .
Bracdude181 wrote:As per a friend, CSX 4452 and NS 5313 arrived at browns on OI-16 today. Does anyone know if these engines will stay there or leave on the next OI-16? I'd like to see 4421 go down the southern.
4452 is already in Browns lol
 #1504520  by Bracdude181

@CoastLineRailfan I meant to type 4421 lol. Turns out it was actually two SD45s that brought OI-16 to browns that day.

When they finished drilling Woodhaven, they turned out all the lights on the locomotive so I thought they had tied it down there. It turns out the 31 crew and the 38 crew were having a quick meeting in the parking lot next to the Woodhaven spur. They were there for about 15-20 minutes before leaving. The SA38 crew got into the locomotive once they finished, and they left shortly afterwards.
 #1504552  by CharlieL

On Nov 21 last, ANRP2 posted that a contractor would be checking for "Plate F" clearance along the southern. Since then there has been no more and I have been rattling my pea sized brain to see what might fit or cause that requirement.
Interestingly enough, Oyster Creek nuclear plant is being de-commissioned. The CMSL freight tracks which join the southern sec at Lakehurst are only a short ride over Barnegat Drive or Lacey Rd thru mostly sparsely populated areas. They're gonna need to move that stuff somehow, and there's a lot of very large pieces, and GSP or rte 9 for any distance would not be a good answer. Thoughts?