• NYGL Dundee Spur Status - 2009-present

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

• 157 posts
  by DogBert

Hope the museum happens. Momentum is on their side.

Any word on if the old cars will move Saturday?
  by GSC

Just yesterday I saw a youtube video on the movement of the rail cars. RIP NY&GL I think the video was called. Showed a M&E SW loco moving out a long line of cars. Box cars, cabooses, passenger coaches and baggage cars, flat car with a caboose and its trucks, two Geeps and an FA1, a revenue hopper, and others. surprised to see friction-bearing cars being allowed to be moved, especially over NJT. Two CSX Geeps took the consist from there to Port Jervis. The street running at the beginning seemed to be a frustrating operation for the crew. Good video.
  by DogBert

Mighty good video.

On the NYSW move, there's an extra two tanker cars and an ex CR caboose added. Anyone know where those came from?
  by ClearlyDiverging

DogBert wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:03 pm Mighty good video.

On the NYSW move, there's an extra two tanker cars and an ex CR caboose added. Anyone know where those came from?
The two tank cars were for the Stourbridge line for use in photo freights. The CR caboose is being stored on the Stourbridge for the CRHS. None of the 3 cars has anything to do with OTT. It was a move of convenience.
  by GSC

I watched a video yesterday of moving all the equipment out of Dundee Yard. That little Trackmobile had its work cut out for it. Why was that odd collection of cars stored there? I can't see much use in running an ALCO FA1 without turning facilities unless MUed with one of the Geeps. The coaches and baggage / RPO car, were they NY&GL revenue equipment? Shame the freight traffic dried up and the neighborhood deteriorated. It looks like the plans for using the caboose on the flatcar to become a police substation fell through. RIP NY&GL.