Railroad Forums 

• CR on the Southern Secondary

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1552728  by Bracdude181

CSX 4406 leading today. Had permission to open up at 3:29 PM. It's almost 4:30 as I write this so the train should be in Red Bank soon. Didn't have the time to get a car count but I did see a tank for Bel Ray...
 #1552933  by Jersey Rail FIlmmakers

Just heard it go by and I knew it was 4432 just from the horn. Quite odd cause it’s Sunday, but is it going to Lakewood? Or back north?
 #1552937  by RailsEast

Train is headed to Lakewood right now, another rare Sunday run for Woodhaven. With all the people from NYC flocking to Jersey, our building boom may last for years to come.

As she looked from above in Eatontown today.....
http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPi ... id=5403954

Chris
 #1552958  by RailsEast

CSX 4432 returned as SA-93 lite power back to Browns. I have no idea why this happened today, it's very unusual.....
 #1553091  by Bracdude181

@RailsEast It turns out there was a sudden demand for lumber at Woodhaven so they brought a train down to keep the place stocked up.

Was very interesting to see the train head back as a light engine. A friend of mine says they haven't come back light since the derailment at Woodhaven several years ago.
 #1553183  by OCtrainguy

The SA93 run was a pleasant surprise as it allowed me a chance to go and see/photo the train. With the SA31 arriving on the Southern late in the afternoon during the week, I don't get much of a chance to photo the train. (Understanding of course that the railroad doesn't run their trains on our schedule. :-) )

I was able to photo the train from Tinton Falls down to the runaround in Lakewood and up to Woodhaven. Watching the runaround process was neat to see, as that usually happens at night. Had a few other people there watching as well, seeing the process occur in daylight.

Driving through Lakewood for the first time in a while, there is still plenty of lots being cleared and housing being built.
 #1553246  by Bracdude181

SA31 should be getting permission to open up at Church Running right now. Any word on what the power is? Was busy this morning and didn't have the chance to go and see what the train had today.
 #1553328  by Bracdude181

A contractor crew is in Lakehurst and is currently preparing to rebuild the crossing on Union Ave. According to the crew, the existing crossing equipment will be removed and replaced with new lights and gates. A circuit will also be placed on the Toms River Industrial Track lead incase either Conrail or NJ Seashore Lines decides to reactivate the line in the future.

The wiring for the crossing circuit is currently being installed and the new equipment will probably be installed in a few weeks...
 #1553336  by JohnFromJersey

Bracdude181 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:38 pm A contractor crew is in Lakehurst and is currently preparing to rebuild the crossing on Union Ave. According to the crew, the existing crossing equipment will be removed and replaced with new lights and gates. A circuit will also be placed on the Toms River Industrial Track lead incase either Conrail or NJ Seashore Lines decides to reactivate the line in the future.

The wiring for the crossing circuit is currently being installed and the new equipment will probably be installed in a few weeks...
For the last 3, almost 4, years I've been watching the rehabilitation of the Lakewood-Lakehurst line pretty diligently. Are we ever going to see trains come and go from there???