Railroad Forums 

• CR on the Southern Secondary

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1545195  by Bracdude181

There was a power change at Browns. 5634 is gone and CSX 6160 replaced it.

So the current browns yard roster is:
CSX 6160
CSX 4429
NS 5286
 #1545823  by RailsEast

CSX 4429 shf this afternoon with only 3 cars, 2 for Woodhaven & one for Bel-Ray. Should be in Farmingdale right about now....
 #1546175  by R&DB

RailsEast
Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:31 pm
CSX 4429 shf this afternoon with only 3 cars, 2 for Woodhaven & one for Bel-Ray. Should be in Farmingdale right about now....
Is it 2009 again?
Train returned early this morning, through Shrewsbury at 0225 hours.
I thought Murphy opened up construction. One would think there would be a pent up demand for lumber in Lakewood. Or is the problemwithdelayed delivery from the mills?
 #1547342  by Bracdude181

Forgot to mention this as I've been busy, but on Sunday OI-16 brought three empty flatbed cars to browns. A friend tells me that these specific cars are usually used to carry sections of rail on MOW trains. Is there any trackwork planned for the southern or somewhere else in central jersey?
 #1547424  by RailsEast

Generally, empties into Browns indicates that a customer has requested a specific type of car to be loaded to be shipped out. If track work was on the schedule, I would guess that these flat cars would have inbound rail on them for use in the area. Seven or eight years ago, there were 3 of these cars on the SA-31 with loaded stick rail destined to NWS Earle for use on their system.
For small projects, CR will have a Hyrail truck come down with a few lengths of rail or will contract with Railroad Construction Co. who has a small yard in Eatontown with various rail products (switch frogs & points, stick rail, tie plates, derails, etc).