Railroad Forums 

• Danbury Railway Museum Thread

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#1037283  by andre

steamer69 wrote:So then to your knowledge are they going to put a whole new bunker back in? That's a lot of work if they are....but seems that you guys are getting a lot of good work done on it from the news letters.

This past weekend I didnt get a chance to walk over to the 1455 (even though its on the adjacent track)

we began pressure washing the fluting of the washboards to remove crusted oil, loose paint and debris that were stuck to the stainless.
 #1037402  by Otto Vondrak

steamer69 wrote:Thank you Andre for the pictures and a wonderful lack of "smoke and mirrors". I went onto your website today which was up to date, refreshing, and very informative.
Link, please? I haven't checked on the DRM site in a while...

-otto-
 #1037428  by andre

Otto Vondrak wrote:
steamer69 wrote:Thank you Andre for the pictures and a wonderful lack of "smoke and mirrors". I went onto your website today which was up to date, refreshing, and very informative.

-otto-

http://www.danbury.org/drm/
 #1037631  by Jeff Smith

Was up there this last weekend; you guys are doing a great job! Even though the RDC ride was short, it was cool to see the turntable. Lots of good equipment. The volunteer "conductor" also did a great job; I didn't write down his name, but he's a former bus driver, I think.
 #1037735  by andre

Jeff Smith wrote:Was up there this last weekend; you guys are doing a great job! Even though the RDC ride was short, it was cool to see the turntable. Lots of good equipment. The volunteer "conductor" also did a great job; I didn't write down his name, but he's a former bus driver, I think.

when were you there, i was there from 10am to 8pm that day

You should have come over we would have given you the behind the scenes tour
 #1037770  by Otto Vondrak

andre wrote:
Otto Vondrak wrote:

-otto-

http://www.danbury.org/drm/
Oh, this is the same site. From Steamer's description, I thought the museum finally got a newly designed web site. I had offered my services (volunteered for no cost) a number of times over the years, but always turned down, because someone at the museum volunteers to do it, and they didn't want to offend him by having someone else work on it... I have even made suggestions over the years about simple things that would make the site easier to use and make it look more professional. There's a lot of great stuff at DRM, but I think too much of it is hidden in a cluster and maze of buttons and competing text.

Is all I have to say about the subject.

-otto-
 #1037866  by Jeff Smith

andre wrote:
Jeff Smith wrote:Was up there this last weekend; you guys are doing a great job! Even though the RDC ride was short, it was cool to see the turntable. Lots of good equipment. The volunteer "conductor" also did a great job; I didn't write down his name, but he's a former bus driver, I think.

when were you there, i was there from 10am to 8pm that day

You should have come over we would have given you the behind the scenes tour
Thanks Andre; I thought about asking for you, but didn't want to bug you guys. Maybe next time. I was going for the consumer experience and had my brothers with me.
 #1037972  by andre

No bug at all, Your more then welcome
 #1037993  by Jeff Smith

I did see a couple of you and thought about calling out; we walked down the display aisle a good ways and I was able to look across. Looking forward to how the 4400's turn out.
 #1038464  by andre

#1038546  by Otto Vondrak

andre wrote:bar car

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hp ... 5600_n.jpg
Never been inside that one... Is it really configured as a bar car? That's pretty cool!

Speaking of bar cars, always thought DRM would be a good home for a set of M-2 bar cars... Currently the only bar cars in the country, let alone self-propelled electric MU bar cars!

-otto-
 #1038589  by gregorygrice

Otto Vondrak wrote:

Never been inside that one... Is it really configured as a bar car? That's pretty cool!

Speaking of bar cars, always thought DRM would be a good home for a set of M-2 bar cars... Currently the only bar cars in the country, let alone self-propelled electric MU bar cars!

-otto-
There are already plans for us to get 2 pairs, one most likely being a barcar
 #1038621  by andre

Otto Vondrak wrote:

-otto-
Yeah at one end there is a bar counter with an open area for table booths, the rest of the car is configured with reclining coach seats. the car is very comfortable to ride in and very smooth