Railroad Forums 

• Wolfeboro Railroad 2-6-2 #250

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#1010615  by Cosmo

NNR wrote:Jeez cosmo let these people discuss the possibilitey of 250 returning to service. I know everytime you read something on RxR.net you run to JDC an ask him the question so you can anwser on the forumns. didn't you work as a deckhand on the valley RxRs riverboat?
I worked in the shop...
...UNDER JDC's direction...
(when you look at 3025's smokebox, looking so nicely graphite painted in the pics you take of her, that's just one of the things I did)
I didn't have to ask Dave about it, it got brought up plenty of times around the lunch table in the shop. Every time that the 250 was mentioned in his presence he would sadly shake his head and look sad.
I don't doubt that the man himself would love it if that engine could ever steam again, but he seemed to believe it was a lost cause.
And he has a lot more experience than myself, you, Steamer or Trainlover combined.

Oh, and I also worked on the boat. And the train. I even helped out on track & signal dept a few times. So what's your point?
 #1010632  by atsf sp

What makes this one so special out of all the other rusting steamers that need to be rebuilt from the ground up that it will be? It is too large to be a FC 75 operation and it is too small to be a mainline excursion star. She is the size of a tourist line steamer but it too expensive to rebuild that these kind of operations can't support.
 #1010637  by Trainlover479

im not saying its more special, i just want to see it in beter condition than it is now...PRESERVE it and not let it be in the hands of a failing amusment park....
 #1010651  by Cosmo

Trainlover479 wrote:im not saying its more special, i just want to see it in beter condition than it is now...PRESERVE it and not let it be in the hands of a failing amusment park....
(To quote Cpt Mal from SERENITY) : "Well,... you can't!"
 #1010676  by steamer69

HAHA!!!!! Touche!!!!!! He got ya there Cos.....
 #1010704  by atsf sp

Edaville is a museum of sorts. They could protect it better but at least it is not scrapped already.
 #1010714  by Cosmo

Better yet, how about an internet meme?

"NOPE!" -Chuck Testa.
A museum? Yes! Send it back to where it came from before Wolfeboro... or HECK! Send it back TO Wolfeboro. It's already stuffed and mounted! :razz:
 #1010786  by steamer69

Why all the doom and gloom Pete? Really? Send it back to Wolfboro? There's no museum there either! Now you're just being combative. OH MY GOSH!!!!! WE CAN'T WELD A COUPLE OF PIPES!!!!! MAY AS WELL JUST CUT IT UP!!!!!

WWDCD........
 #1010792  by Trainlover479

Look, someday i will make it steam, u dont need to ridicule me for every thought i have for the 250, i will laugh when i see cosmo's face trackside seeing the 250 steam by.......
 #1010798  by steamer69

Ok Dylan....don't make claims that you can't back up. If you're not even talking to the owner, you can't tell people that you're going to steam it. Tell people that you're going to try to talk to the owner first....as much as I hope you do get it steamed, Cosmo makes a lot of very valid points that should not be discarded. Get your horse infront of the cart, and then go from there.
 #1010810  by steamer69

Good luck with that. They haven't responded to a single e-mail inquiry from other people......