• Conway Scenic Railroad (CSRX) discussion thread

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

by #7470

Reading 900 wrote:I like the idea, and it is much easier to make happen! Didn't the 4266 also run on CSRR as a Maine Central engine at times?
That she did. I'll have to see if I can find those pictures online. And I believe that the 573 ran as a B&M unit once but I might be mistaken. Perhaps someone who was old enough to remember can fill the correct details in :P
  by BR4

Yes, 4266 was renumbered and lettered MEC 687 at one time for the Bartlett Bicentennial in 1190. There is a picture of MEC 15,
PTM 1055, and MEC 687, along with 7470 in the NC roundhouse. This photo was on display at CSRX booth at the Big Show.

573 was dressed up as BM 1573 on railfans weekend in 1999. Links to NERAIL photos are below.

http://photos.nerail.org/showpic/?20010 ... ODE=&POYE=

http://photos.nerail.org/showpic/?20020 ... ODE=&POYE=
  by BR4

Has the posting time on this site alway been 1 hour off? Never noticed it before.

I [posted my last comment at 0954, but the time stamp says 1054. I saw Bill's post
before it was actually time stamped.
  by MEC407

The time stamps show the correct time on my end. You may need to go into the User Control Panel, click on the Board Preferences tab, and verify that your account is set to the correct time zone and that Daylight Savings Time is turned off.
  by BR4

GP38 #252 has emerged from the roundhouse with her wheels turned. 573 spent the night inside for a change. Don't
know that's the next project (power assemblies) or not. Coach 1133 is in stall 2 getting prepped for paint.
  by steamer69

(252)...now that wasn't so hard now was it. That's what should have happened in the first place instead of beating the crap out of it all season long......
  by thebigham

The new Wheel Report is up:

http://www.conwayscenic.com/index.cfm?f ... heelreport

I'm out of the loop.

I didn't know they were getting two GP9s:

The work continues on GP9 #1751 at Derby. She is receiving a rebuilt D12 main generator and one D77 traction motor along with some other minor work.

The 470 Club’s GP9 #1757, currently at Ossipee, is getting two requalfied D77 traction motors along with the necessary brass suspension bearings, gear case covers and miscellaneous hardware needed to install them. Both locomotives are on track (pun intended) to arrive in North Conway sometime in June.
  by MEC407

Technically Conway Scenic is getting just one GP9. The other GP9 belongs to the 470 Railroad Club and is a parts unit for 4268 (which 470 also owns). That GP9 will not be a functional locomotive once all is said and done.
  by drvmusic

MEC407 wrote:Technically Conway Scenic is getting just one GP9. The other GP9 belongs to the 470 Railroad Club and is a parts unit for 4268 (which 470 also owns). That GP9 will not be a functional locomotive once all is said and done.
Also, I believe there was some talk of using the 470 Club GP9 as a backup loco until the transition to 4268 begins. Not sure if I'm remembering correctly. The timeline for 4268 is 5 years, so maybe the GP9 will see some time in use before.
  by MEC407

Amen... gotta love the lightning stripes!
  by steamer69

It'll be nice to see lightning stripes on the mountain. Maybe they'll pair #1751 with "Old Sparkey" and let them go up the hill!
  by Cosmo

steamer69 wrote:It'll be nice to see lightning stripes on the mountain. Maybe they'll pair #1751 with "Old Sparkey" and let them go up the hill!
Speaking as a guy who's such a purist about preservation and so adamant about representing MEC (as opposed to the "B&M, which is already prevalent,) I fail to see how "lightning stripes" will look right in a locale that never saw NYC power.
I say, paint it forest green with the gold stripe to contrast with the gold & green of the newer units.