• Conway Scenic Railroad (CSRX) discussion thread

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

by Jonathan

I checked the schedule for Saturday of railfans, there is a notch train departure at 11. Could that be part of the surprise?
  by drvmusic

Jonathan wrote:That's right I think. What trains are you getting tickets for?
Not sure yet. I want to see what they offer first.
  by CSRR573

Jonathan wrote:I checked the schedule for Saturday of railfans, there is a notch train departure at 11. Could that be part of the surprise?
I dont think so. last year they ran the notch consist with 1751 as the sawyers river extra and to redstone so that might be what that 11 am departure is

edit: i actually just saw the website and now they are saying there is a notch train departure on Saturday when before they were saying there wasnt one so i doubt the notch consist will run as the sawyers run
Last edited by CSRR573 on Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  by Jonathan

Check the railfans weekend event blog post. It says that the regularly scheduled notch train will run on Saturday.
  by b&m 1566

Where are you seeing the schedule? There's still no link on their website.
  by b&m 1566

It's coming up blank on my end.
  by John Smythe

Here's another interesting study / report that addresses the MEC MTN. DIV proposed re-hab that was published in 2007. mountain division rail study - Maine.gov
https://www1.maine.gov/mdot/ofbs/docs/M ... rt_001.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
  by bm1838

The 4266 and 4268 have two horn valves right next to each other and you can simply choose between which horn you would like to use.

Cory