Railroad Forums 

• Conway Scenic Railroad (CSRX) discussion thread

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#1495742  by highrail

I am hearing that the pick up may happen on Monday at Hazens. They were planning to plow the line from N. Conway to Hazens today (Friday), but had some technical issues in the yard at North Conway, so I don't think it happened.
 #1495754  by Jonathan

Why no more Day out with Thomas? Is railfans weekend going to be moved up in the year? Or is that cancelled as well? Also good to hear about the new workshop. I swear the new owners are adding on to the railroad every day. Next thing you know the railroad will operate all year round.
 #1495805  by John Smythe

Ed Jafferys railroad is a M-F operation. I heard on the weather report that the Mt. Washington area was or is in the midsts of quite a snowstorm with winds of 70 mph. Another winter storm is forecast for this weekend. looks like CSRR will need to do some serious snow plowing just to get and or keep the Notch Line tracks open. I would guess with all the snow that has fallen & is due to fall this weekend that it will be late Monday or daytime Tuesday before the car gets down to N. Conway.
 #1495824  by b&m 1566

Jonathan wrote:Why no more Day out with Thomas? Is railfans weekend going to be moved up in the year? Or is that cancelled as well? Also good to hear about the new workshop. I swear the new owners are adding on to the railroad every day. Next thing you know the railroad will operate all year round.
Where are you getting this info from?
 #1495842  by Jonathan

b&m 1566 wrote:
Jonathan wrote:Why no more Day out with Thomas? Is railfans weekend going to be moved up in the year? Or is that cancelled as well? Also good to hear about the new workshop. I swear the new owners are adding on to the railroad every day. Next thing you know the railroad will operate all year round.
Where are you getting this info from?
John Smythe had an entry here that he had moved to the 470 railroad club thread. It seems to be deleted.
 #1495957  by NHV 669

Today's second attempt at plowing the notch came to an abrupt stop when 252 put part of its front truck on the ground a few hundred feet east of Fourth Iron.

Photo by RRFAN, as I had left minutes before, and didn't want to take photos with David Swirk on site.
Attachments:
Screenshot_20190106-121819~2.png
Screenshot_20190106-121819~2.png (288.13 KiB) Viewed 429 times