Railroad Forums 

• Maine Eastern Railroad (MERR) Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#1362968  by Watchman318

MEC407 wrote:The M420W is still in Rockland, I believe.
I was told this morning that 764 and 3573 will remain on the property until next Tues. or Wed. (I forgot exactly which day it was to be.)
The ex-Amtrak baggage cars had new wheels put under them for their move. I thought I heard something about the snowplow being sent back to Brunswick; maybe not accepted by PAR for transit beyond Rigby?
 #1362973  by MEC407

Maybe CMQ decided to buy it from them. :wink: Really gotta keep a plow onsite, I'd think. I imagine in a worst case scenario it could take multiple days for PAR to pick up a plow from their CMQ interchange and move it to Brunswick.
 #1363480  by gokeefe

Possibly the finest photo of the Maine Eastern I have ever seen Credit Paolo Roffo.

I happened upon this while looking for something else and thought it would be a suitable "signature" piece for the final days of the Maine Eastern. I would challenge everyone else to find something better passenger or freight.
 #1363795  by csor2010

Narrowgauger wrote:Just heard that 2 CMQ B23-7 and Three Ex. MMA B39-8's are on the way to Brunswick. Seems like alot of power for 6-10 car trains. the 2 B23-7s seem like it would of been enough.
The two B23-7s are all they're getting. The Dash 8s are on their way to LTE in Ohio, it just so happened that all five were interchanged to PAR on the same move.
Last edited by csor2010 on Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #1363970  by MEC407

Photos by Dan Comick:

http://photos.greatrails.net/s/?p=227471" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://photos.greatrails.net/s/?p=227470" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
 #1364010  by csx2039

Dont expect much to railfan If they run the Rockland branch the way they run Vermont... Actually very suprised state of maine awarded them contract. It will definitely be a step backwards as far as service frequency is concerned...
 #1364075  by gokeefe

csx2039 wrote:Dont expect much to railfan If they run the Rockland branch the way they run Vermont... Actually very suprised state of maine awarded them contract. It will definitely be a step backwards as far as service frequency is concerned...
I don't think the there's a strong relationship between those two branches. The traffic frequencies on this one require roughly the same rate of service.

Great photos by Dan Comick. Caught the handoff.